The pressure is getting "werser"

Sometimes, you need a time out, play with seashells or pebbles, view azimuth, or talk to someone, whatever you choose to do, come back a better person. (Photo credit: Google)


Okay! Someone told me I only come here to rant whenever I want to shade someone LOL, that's arrant nonsense and spices; it’s my safe space, my own personal status, where I can update my feelings with zero respect for how anyone feels. You can stop reading now.

There’s nothing to act about here this time; it’s just me trying to burn some mental calories. It’s been a tough season, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to ease up soon. We prayed for days like this; how dare anyone complain?

I feel for my teammates; MG is used to the madness; he didn’t get MVP to come crying at demonic workloads; I don’t even care about his feelings, but Eniafe was thrown into the deep, no induction, no breather, straight into the deep ends, swim or sink, but it is what it is.

It was a week that tested my resolve. I had to remind myself of my greatness; I couldn’t call on my wildcard; I had to be reminded that life goes on regardless; I don’t need anyone to remind me that the stake is high. Big brother was watching; the guys at Marina had high expectations; the fish that chose to fly needed a salty pool; and a certain OG came up with a twist. Amidst all, the king’s horseman stood at the gate waiting for answers. It was interestingly tough.

Away from the chronicles of daily bread, I survived the emotional trauma of February 17. I couldn’t even tell anyone, and having to sit beside Mom, who lays beside Dad, was the toughest thing to think about—no words, just stares and whatnot—it was difficult.

Hey, the world doesn’t stop when your loved ones pass away; it is what it is. Get your sh*t together and move, pray for them when their thoughts cross your mind, and live to make them proud of you. No one is making it out of here alive anyway.

For the part you’re waiting for, I’ve been lonely as fuck. I can’t wait for these people to call off this “work from home” thing; it’s not working for me. I know some annoying folks will find ways to make this about me not being married. LOL, there are lonely married people, are you joking? I digress.

Sandra reached out to me last week to ask me to join her live session on Facebook. She was going to discuss something of interest to me: what men want... I had a great time sharing my opinion, and while many thought I was intentionally trying to be nice to women, I’d say it’s who I am.

My first instinct is to support women. I still advise that you fear them, but they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Iwa weyreh po lowo won, but I’d rather stand with them at first. Friday was also International Women’s Day; it’s their season, right?

I had plans for the day; I went above and beyond to create an experience. Come and see me forming Mo of Duo LMAO. I really wanted to make it special, but it is what it is, and there’s nothing to brood about. It was the fourth time in a row that it would end that way. Don’t ignore the red flags.

I was an inch away from being signed to Storm Records in 2008/2009. I was so good as a writer that Edi Lawani was ready to die on the hill, but Obi Asika got busy with politics, and I didn’t get a chance. The world knew a certain young man then; he was the one I had to contend with, GT da Guitar Man.

Yes, I agree; he was dead at some points, but like Lazarus, my boy is back! He released Elody, his EP, on Friday, and the listening party is today, the 10th, at Elegushi. I will carry my lonely self there to celebrate him; it’s my joy that he’s back. I will be there no matter what.

One last thing: you can choose to read whatever meaning you like to it. You’re not wrong to give your all to anyone; be proud of your honesty; if it works out, celebrate your win; if it doesn’t, know when to fold them. The emotions of last week Sunday and Friday are making me lose guard; I refuse to fold. Bye!!!

Comments

  1. I read your posts on this blog as often as I can. It’s so confusing to decode some things you say…. Interesting life you live. lol
    But I hold you in my prayers, may you get the best out of life. May the pain continue to ebb and in its place, only pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of Love in this trying times 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last paragraph — How I live!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs