If her name is Precious, you're single

People will leave you wondering if you're abnormal, omo iya mi, ma fo, na dem be the problem not you. Oya stay jiggy make we enter road. (Photo credit: Google)


 “When you’re losing a tug of war to a tiger, release the rope before it gets to your arm; you can always get another rope, of course, except if you want prosthetics; you don’t want another arm.” - Ancient Chinese proverb remixed by Rambo.

2023 taught me a lot, and one of them is this: “If that person looks too good to be true, don’t force it; the person is certainly a fraud." And this rings true for everything. Whether living or non-living, don’t force it; it’s too good to be true.

I was going to write about Precious, but I realized it’s a waste of time. Someone would text or call to tell me I’m pained, and it would get me emotional. I’d rather leave it as it is and sweep it under the rug like I always do. No worries on this one.

Lesson number 1 from 2023: Tomorrow isn’t promised! See, a day before my mother passed, I spoke to her, and she was in high spirits. She was still energetic enough to gaslight me about Cookie. Everyone does this, but we move. It was after I was called that she passed, and it dawned on me that she left me a voice note.

I don’t know how to explain, but if your girlfriend’s name is Precious, I’m sorry, but you’re single. There is this thing about the name, and it always comes back to being the same. They’re dishonest and selfish. In all sincerity, I don’t blame them for their decisions, but don’t let them ruin your mental health.

I saw some pictures in my gallery recently, and I was asking myself what happened. How can someone get so cozy with you and suddenly appear in Ontario, Canada, the next day? I should have known, though. The vibe was always there.

I thought I was being unnecessarily emotional when Ginika didn’t hold my hands when Victoria died. I thought it was about the pressure at Oracle, but I didn’t realize it was because she was counting days and didn’t feel a need to burn emotions when she’d soon be burning candles to stay warm.

And then there’s Jisola, who should win the Ice Cold Award for 2023. This one even asked to eat up, only to flaunt “Japa” pictures days later. I should have known again; let’s leave it as it is. People have control, and how they manage it isn’t our business.

LMAO, this was supposed to be about someone who thought she was a user; how did I derail? Again, if someone comes to you as being too good to be true, don’t try to be cute; you’ll get burned in the end, and I will not tell you sorry.

The events of the past few weeks showed me that life is beautiful, and you should never hand anyone the key to your happiness. There are so many people out there that are there to use you as a placeholder, like APC people (I wish I could use a certain emoji here); no go dull, am o.

I am taking my love back. I am happy to realize now that some people aren’t worth your energy. Forget the narrative they throw at you to make you feel they’re sent by whoever; you’re just a spare tyre, LMAO, and they won’t travel with you.

I have two documents to send to Tunde and two cinema stories to send to Lateef and Tola of SBX, respectively. I have to go now. I have about eight more articles to post on my blog this year; they will be interesting, I promise.

Comments

  1. I really like this one. Maybe because I love romance…but this has got me wondering. Anyway, guard your love till the right one comes. And she will…

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Precious is now the female version of Femi ? I thought it was Amaka ? Lol

    Beautiful read ( as always 🤪 )

    I think that sometimes we invest our emotions in people who are not as committed to us as we are to them. Loves hurts but I've also learned to not let the bad people make me lose my excitement and enthusiasm for love.

    I can't imagine what it must have been like for you to have a lover who wasn't holding you and comforting you when you lost your mum. That's some mad level of cold.

    As you already know, bad people are just bad. It's nothing to do with you. Don't let their ice take out the warmth of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question you should ask him is "if he is as innocent as he claims to be". The people that showed him love when he lost his Mum, he pushed them out and was cold to them.

      Delete
  3. Love it a beautiful thing and we've all been burnt one way or the other. I know the feeling of loving someone and not been love in return, it hurts and I hope you heal and not bleed on an innocent person.

    Gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already a fan of your blog lol., kudos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs