Why I will vote Sanwo-Olu tomorrow

 

My governor is rattled, he has been forced into lots of overnight vocations but in this dire time, I choose to stand with him. He has my vote. (Photo credit: Premium Times)

Tomorrow, 18th March would bring to an end the election season in Nigerian and sincerely, I cannot wait because it’s been crazy all round from the campaign of calumny, hypocrisy and pockets of violence here and there.

Just so we’re clear, I will be voting Babajide Sanwo-Olu tomorrow and while I owe no one any reason(s), I will indulge you with a couple and I also encourage you to go ahead and cancel me because I’m not voting your candidate.

Let’s even dwell on that nonsense a bit. Who are you to think your candidate is the best for me? Why do I have to align with your thoughts? Have you even thought deeply on your choice and can come up with a valid reason for your decision outside the fact that you’re on a bandwagon of no return?

I dare you, whoever you are to cancel me because I am voting Sanwo-Olu. Except you’re paying my bills, impacting my life, praying for me or helping me cum, please go ahead and cancel me. Don’t go through the corners, text me and warn me never to reach out to you again, be brave and let’s maintain the energy.

Back to my governor. Again, I need to remind you that I did not support Tinubu’s presidential bid and while I wasn’t in any way convinced with the Peter Obi agenda, I didn’t fault anyone’s movement and I voted according to my conscience.

Now, I live and work in Lagos. I understand for sure how important Lagos is to the general economy of Nigeria and Africa. I will not hand over the affairs of Lagos to an apprentice or someone with no level of experience to manage the peculiarities of Lagos.

I see the tribal crap narrative and it is amazing how the same set of people driving the tribal conversation are the same people trying to heap the madness on the rest of us; how crazy is it to not that Peter Obi won in Lagos and you’re calling us tribalistic for questioning your LP candidate?

Know this and know peace, I have only one vote but it will never go to someone I don’t believe in. I will never vote CRV or what’s the name of the LP candidate that looks like Mawuli Gavor. I have met Jandor in person, he doesn’t have what it takes to beat me one on one in an election, he stands no chance.

So, why am I voting Sanwo Eko? Continuity is one reason and I will not risk Lagos being an opposition party again. Imagine APC at the federal level and another party in Lagos, nah… We’ve been there before and it wasn’t pretty.

I see his embarrassing work rate of late. He has turned himself to a video vixen and other things I'd rather not talk about. If I'm hosting a hangout tonight and I invite my governor, don't bet against me cos he would attend. I see the desperation and it's good, now he knows we can change it for him, that's cool for me.

Finally, down to personal reasons. When I had covid, I felt Sanwo Olu in person and it’s enough for me to know he’s a great guy. EndSars? Sanwo knows absolutely nothing about that and I will not fall for the nonsense bandwagon. He even tried to save us from what was coming but we chose to see it till the end.

I am not asking you to vote my candidate, I respect your decision and I hope your respect mine. Kindly ensure you vote tho; if it is SUV you believe in, vote him and if it is the guy from PDP that has an actress as deputy, please vote but in your best interest, vote someone you believe in. Ire o.

Comments

  1. My vote cancels your vote — that’s enough’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let my governor go for another term. He's working in Lagos but his desperation this season is annoying tbh and I really wish he won't forget what he was elected to do in Lagos to go after his godfather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good piece. A lot of us still think that Sanwo called the Army. I was there everyday at the lekki toll. He interacted during the End Sars and the Covid. Did all that he could to curb the spread. He has improved Lagos and so deserving of a second term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you for this write up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs