Meet Milan, my brave champ!

 

Meet Milan, the brave boy that keeps winning! (Photo credit: His mom's WhatsApp status)

I knew at some points I’d have to bring this back. I certainly can’t survive without writing but it’s been a topsy turvy year. I am grateful because it’s better than I feared on all fronts, but health can be better and mom can be healthier too; again, I am grateful.

I was going to restart on mom’s birthday but that’s not how to reward her for all the panic attacks she gave me, then I considered Valentine’s Day, oh… that was even few days before Mamma’s birthday but the drama that happened at my office would make the post end up getting me dragged.

What better way is there to bring back my dirty boxers if not for someone I desperately cherish and it’s strange how I might never get the relationship I want from him at least until he’s 18 and gets to decide for himself. I also have to be clear with this because I have people that know how to read something and interpret rubbish.

His name is Milan, figured Olamilekan is his native name, not a name I’d give to my son, but I know quite a few by the name and no issues. I met him virtually by chance, but I’ve loved him ever since and no regrets whatsoever, he’s a son I have accepted even as an assistant dad.

I love children, everyone close to me can tell and it’s strange, super strange that I don’t have a child yet. I don’t even know if I should be proud of myself in that regard, but I’ll rather leave it at that. I have a few kids I cater to in my little way and that gives me joy but this boy, Milan is different.

Justina posted a picture of this great guy, less than two years old and needing medical aid; he had been diagnosed of something a bit serious but the boy was looking like it’s nothing and that caught my attention, I followed the link to the Facebook post and the rest is history.

It became a standard daily practice for me to visit his mom’s wall to see if there’s anything about him because she’s a storyteller and she has a way of infusing him into her daily life. From the fundraising days to the waiting period and through to the surgery hours, I tried to follow up even from distance.

I met him in person twice; first at the bus park, his mom was kind enough to let me say hi to him as they prepared to journey to Ife sometime in December, I think. It was quite short but the second was even shorter, just after he left the ICU post-surgery.

I really don’t think I have the rights to disclose the medical condition, but one thing is certain, many have passed away from it, but this boy stayed strong through it and I can tell that the storm is over, surgery done, and dude is bouncing… Child of thanksgiving.

I’m elated to see him come out of this unscathed; of course, it came at a cost. His mom deserves all the respect in the world, having to shut down your own life for someone else takes a lot but it is what it is and I just hope she lives to enjoy the reward of such deep sacrifice.

I tried to visit the hospital while he was recovering from the surgery, it was a long journey, but I was happy to make it down. Seeing him on that bed, sleeping and looking healthy made my year. I’d have loved to spend more time with him on the day but the air was too hostile, I got the message.

Milan is vibe. He knows what he wants and he’s not afraid to express himself. I’m excited at his prospects and I pray he blossoms beyond the heights I project. Of course, I hope he plays for Arsenal and becomes a big hit at football.

I want two daughters; Milan is probably the son I’ll call my own as the big brother to my daughters whenever they choose to arrive. I also hope I get to find ways to play the big uncle role the best way I can, even from distance.

Comments

  1. Thanks for bringing this back, God bless and keep Milan in great health

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to bless your hands, thanks for giving us dirty boxers again. Milan! God blessnyoy champ... 💪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally... God keep Milan and perfect His healing 🙏🏾.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs