Yoruba movie industry and the mediocrity within

 

I admire the hardworking people in this industry but there's a mansion for improvement from production, to acting and marketing. (Photo credit: TAMPAN)

Shey we should not steal and we should not lie? The Yoruba film industry has to be the home of mediocrity and it’s getting worse by the day; it’s painful to write about this because I have lots of friends among them but omo, these people no dey try.

Truth be told, some of them are trying but the gulf in class, quality, and effort between them and the English arm of the Nigerian film industry are unbelievable. I will try not to mention names and it’s not for fear but for the fact that it’s not my joy to rubbish someone’s hustle.

I have lots of problems with their directors most times, while I know for sure that many of the so-called A-list actors don’t listen as they think they’re too big to be corrected or to be told what to do, I also feel if you can’t command respect as a film director then you should go learn shoemaking.

You too see: You’ll see a lady waking up from bed and the make-up on her face would be enough to repaint my bedroom, or someone mourning the loss of a child or partner wearing heavy jewelry and all sort of accessories, is that how it is in real life?

To put it plainly, their productions are not believable, and reek of mediocrity and you can put that on their directors still. I don’t believe anyone has the kinda story we have but that hardly reflects in our productions; brings me to the question I always ask them: how do they try to improve their craft?

Have you seen them attempt crime scenes? They will shoot someone, and you won’t see traces of blood, it’s so bad that you can see someone wearing two different clothes in the same scene, of course, you can blame the editor for that but how did it happen in the first place?

Do you know how they live in delusion? They will set up some random folks and have them organize silly awards and boom! They will tell you they’ve won awards for their craft, arrant nonsense. Outside AMVCA, BON, AMAA, and maybe one or two more, the rest are craps.

Then, what about story recycling? LMAO, there was a time Africa Magic showed two movies back-to-back, with almost the same story, and nearly the same cast list and I’m sure I’m not the only one that sees this nonsense; is it that these people don’t rate us or they just want to whine us?

Again, many of them are trying and I won’t mention names so you won’t say I’m sentimental but some of them will get to read this and in truth, they know I’m not lying. Not like they can beat me though, it’s even the fact that they’re always happy to post nonsense for me. Lemme leave it jare.

Comments

  1. Gold you really bring out the best point out of Yoruba film's. honestly what a big boldness of you bro. sincerely I'll be much more glad full if this can go viral more than this. Guys them realized they mistakes.

    WHAT a very meaningful story!
    Lol but you be werey o I swear .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs