Will things actually get better?

 

Is there actually hope on this side of life? Will Nigeria ever get better? (Photo credit: Google)

Fela was blasting hard through the speakers, reminding us of the state of the nation and giving us good reasons to consider our choices at the forthcoming elections; this makes one feel the late music sensation was a prophet but in the words of Deepsea, is Nigeria really hard to predict?

You too see: I’m not a preacher of doom but if you are being honest with yourself, the fate of Nigerians in the next eight years is scary because no matter who wins the next election, not much is going to change and that is if things don’t get worse because they’re all the same if we’re keeping it a buck.

This article is not about any candidate, all of them are rogues. So, if anyone comes up with a song now to predict a tough regime in this country come 2030, anyone that listens to the song in 2030 would hail the singer as being a prophet, as easy as handling Messi a penalty, he’ll score nine out of ten times.

This brings me to the point I want to talk about today, we Nigerians are the problem and I will explain if you’re patient enough. I’m impressed at the number of people that are canvassing for a Peter Obi presidency, but will all of you vote when it matters without being given anything?

It has always been established that we the electorates are the problem. We’ve seen the best candidates lose out on election day simply because they don’t have money to pay people on the queue at the polling unit, it’s standard practice, how do you want things to change?

A candidate will read out his manifesto, tell you how he plans to improve your lives and how he will make the future brighter for you and yours but right there at the polling unit, they will tell you if you’re not giving them money, they won’t vote for you. Are we serious at all?

The sad reality is the fact that this will happen at the polls, the people shouting Peter Obi up and down will still crumble at the sight of money and someone else will win. And we’ll all be screwed, I am not going to be surprised if Obi even comes a distant fourth. I’ll see y’all tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Just that little message u sent to me this morning gave me so much hope in myself, without u even knowing it... God bless u once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so much resonate with this, wrote about it few months ago. My ultimate pursuit is voting myself first, ensuring I improve in my day to day activities and be best at what I do.


    “Messi handed penalty” Can you broad that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs