That special feeling...

 

Christmas is special, the feeling isn't the same but we keep it moving. (Photo credit: Google)

A lot has changed about the Christmas feeling but one thing remains constant regardless and that is the beauty of reunion. It’s a little tricky because some have abused the trend but in all, seeing families, friends, and old folks again is something we don’t take for granted.

For the first time in my entire life, I spent my Christmas away from my core family members (many of them have japa) but seeing my good people of Naija Pundits in our annual event (SEQUEL) made my season, you should see the part where we sang Johnny Drille’s song, it was sensational.

Family is everything, the people you call your own, not necessarily by blood but by a bond that comes in many forms. I know many of you feel some type of way, probably because IJGBs hijacked your girls or whatnot, Jesus is still Lord whether you like it or not, don’t be angry.

Growing up, the highlight used to be about dad receiving lots of hampers and Christmas cards, we’d decorate the house and the feeling was surreal; you’re allowed to travel over the other two holidays but everyone was always home during Christmas, and we were always together.

We had lots of money then, though we never got access to any because as visitors were giving us, mumsy was standing by to collect like a tax collector and dem no born your grandpa well to ask her if you don’t want to hear the story of how your father toasted her.

Family friends coming around was another highlight when daddy and his friends engage in banters and you’ll just be behind the sofas laughing hard; not like you can use any of those against them though, we didn’t have that courage and I was certainly the most vocal, I still had boundaries.

But today, “savings or current” is how you wake up and that feeling isn’t the same anymore; I know it’s definitely because I now spend my own money and now have responsibilities that my shoulders are complaining about, it’s part of what makes me a man but Omo! Can I decline some?

Christmas is still special regardless, I attended two carol services with Ovation Red Carol topping the bunch (big shout out to Sandy Mandy for the VVIP ticket), and no matter how we complain, the season will forever be special. Here’s a public service announcement, this is my last Christmas as a bachelor.

Today is Dipo Ogun’s birthday, I’ve written about him before so all he’s getting today is fortified birthday wishes. Have fun my brother and I want you to do more than you’re currently doing, I know you want to switch to experiential marketing, so you’re welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs