Ovation Red Carol: Has Tuface lost his magic?

I'm a big TuFace fan but is it time to admit that baba is gradually exiting the big stage? (Photo credit: TuFace)


Last night was surreal I must say. In the spirit of the famous #DettyDecember season, I was out all night and I enjoyed every bit of it. At the rate I’m going this month, I’ll probably need a lot of hypo in January.

I was at the Ovation Red Carol and I still have goosebumps from the experience. It was a quadruple header for Dele Momodu but at some points, it was looking like a PDP rally but I didn’t care, I was there to enjoy myself and so I did to the fullest beyond words.

The accomplished publisher was celebrating his 30th wedding anniversary, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of the Trinity house took them through the vows renewals and again, I saw the joy of the marriage institution but I won’t go further with that before I text the wrong person.

It was also the 55th birthday of Dele Momodu’s wife as well as the 25th birthday of their fashion entrepreneur son, Eniafe. You should know the guy na, the one that wears gown and follows that black skitmaker that wear lip glosses, Enioluwa or so… I didn’t ask you to think nonsense sha.

And then of course, it was the carol service. Trinity house choir dey sing sha, it was great listening to them, I enjoyed them but the next performance was that of Chief Ebenezer Obey, oh my God! It was beautiful to behold. That baba still has it, I’m still feeling his tunes in my veins.

Onyeka Onwenu followed, quite nostalgic to be honest. Bringing back childhood memories and a particular movie where she played the role of a lunatic mother of a set of twins; Charles Okafor was one of the twins – “you and I will live as one” was that particular theme song, remember?

Tuface came on right after her and I must admit what most people have said over time, the legendary Tuface Idibia is an underwhelming stage performer. It pains me to admit it; this is the third time I’m witnessing his performance this month alone and none of them was live band, or is he past it?

Sir Shina Peters killed the show with his energetic performance and how will I forget the mercurial dancing steps of Osun State governor, Demola Jackson Adeleke? He was no doubt the highlight of the night and while I don’t expect him to perform any magic as governor, I am certain he will entertain his citizens with vibes. I love that guy!

Adewale Ayuba capped the night; dude is born again now and his fuji is now a bit different but I enjoyed it to the fullest. I’m a big fan of the guy since his acceleration album and then Turn Me On, I hope to bring him to my wedding someday. I love him too.

At around 2am, I left harbour point in company of my creative lead, Innocent, Deepsea and his plus one and straight off to the good beach for activity fest. Met my fellow outsiders, Seye, Tumi the energy goddess, Titi the oja mummy and Ife the walking brewery; it was fun.

I met my very own wolf of Lasgidi, Demola Adedoyin and guess what? We have a story to write. I’m excited about that already. I’m knackered but we go again tonight. What do we say to the god of tiredness? Not today! In another three hours, we go again.


Comments

  1. Performing without a live band doesn’t mean he has lost it. If he was to perform with a live band I’m sure he’ll definitely need to rehearse with them and this is detty december, I’m sure man has got too many shows and doesn’t even have the time to rehearse. I watched him perform with a live band sometime in November on the trophy extra special band show and he killed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had fun.... Tuface is one of the best performer ever in Nigeria..


    Recently witnessed Fireboy lit up the stage with live band 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs