Panda's wife and the memories of Tinubu Road

 

Happy birthday beautiful and uber-smart Toyin Adepegba, my good friend from Tinubu Road. (Photo credit: Toyin's WhatsApp status)

Toyin Adepegba is 40 today, today is also my parents’ wedding anniversary and it evokes some nostalgia from way back. I remember how they celebrated one particular year, that shit made me start thinking of getting married at just 10… Look at me now LOL.

This post is about Toyin, a great human by all standards. She was my first friend at Brand Regimen, she knows her job and has this drive that won’t let her settle for anything below her standards. Let me share a few things I copped from here during our days as colleagues.

Toyin was the Business Development Manager at BR and later had to fill in when there was a gap on one of the Account Management Team, one measure of her success in that role as far as I saw was how good Joy became as her protégé, that counts for a lot.

While I was the lead on decks and strategy plans, Toyin offered solid outlets on that as well as she didn’t need me to come up with decks for her on certain gigs which took pressure off me, one of them was the Dr. Meyers’ gig which she owned with KDS directly.

The beauty of brainstorming sessions is the grace of multiple ideas, Toyin was one of those that made those days enjoyable, even when she’s ending every suggestion with “just saying”, you’ll definitely find something you can use in there.

I remember our Ideas Farm Day; KDS had initiated the plan to spend one day brewing ideas. I was playing around when I said “unusual food combination” and before I knew it, Toyin added fire to it and it became a whole plan that we even had to shoot recipes for GB Foods that year.

Toyin is an intelligent relationship manager, she was the lead on Hayat when Shade left and her executions were flawless. Toyin is a great communicator, a knowledge seeker that is never tired of going hard, she was a joy to work with at BR.

She has two daughters, my love for girl child is well documented so you know how I feel about that; her husband is one hell of a playful guy, they fit each other die. Toyin learned a lot of diplomacy from KDS and LAK and I’m sure that has added to the woman she has become.

Toyin is blunt AF, she might be quite elaborate with words but she says things the way she feels them more often than not and that’s honesty but the job warrants telling a man to go to hell in ways he’d look forward to the trip, Toyin understands that part perfectly too and trust me, I’m not capping.

I’ll be hanging out with few people from Tinubu Road on the occasion of her 40th birthday, I can’t wait and here’s me wishing Toyin an amazing new decade, filled with lots of achievements and most importantly, skin-deep happiness.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs