Damilare, my good friend from Obehi's 30+ group

 

Happy birthday my brother. Have fun G. (Photo credit: Damilare)

So I was supposed to conclude the story of my teammates today with my professional next of kins but I’ll have to defer it for two days because today is Damilare’s birthday and it’s only right I write few lines for him while tomorrow is Jesus’ birthday.

Damilare is a friend I made in Obehi’s toxic 30+ group last year and he’s been a great friend ever since; Damilare legit looks out for me and sincerely has my interest at heart. He’s a natural peace maker too, I remember how many times he talked me into certain decisions and all were for good.

Damilare is an accountant, works hard and deserves all the good things of life. Although he’s a Chelsea fan but he’s not a crude one like dem LAK and Folachi of Riquesa but as Arsenal is humbling them these days, I’m sure he’s considering moving to the happening side of London.

Damilare and I were the only ones that didn’t run any show on that infamous 30+ group LOL, if you know you know but I won’t be going further on that. I doubt Duke did too but who would even listen to that one? With all his nonsense energy.

I know Damilare likes Demilade but both of them didn’t have the courage to make it happen. I will never forget the day we had a movie date, both of them legit abandoned the rest of us to cuddle up as we watched Ayinla at the cinema. It’s how they were even denying things I captured on camera for me.

The group died a long time ago but the few friends I made there remain with me till date. From the birthday boy, to Duke the OAP, Justina that did NYSC with Cyborg, Tobi that looks more like a part-time assassin and Demilade that ghosts more than James St. Patrick.

Interestingly, Damilare is actually in my car as I type this; he accompanied me to an event and we’re just about to get the night started. The goal is to give him a treat on his birthday and hopefully return him to base in one piece, after all, that’s part of what friends do, right?

Here’s me wishing you all of God’s blessings my guy on your birthday and beyond. May lines fall for you in pleasant places and I pray the best of your past to be the worst of your future. Hope you find joy in your passion of course except on Chelsea, all is fair in love and war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs