Your opinions don't count

 

I am asking that you wear your thinking cap before you criticize what you can't create. Thank you. (Photo credit: Mo Abudu)

I have seen lots of takes on social media on the release of The King’s Horse Man (Eleshin Oba), a movie by Mo Abudu, directed by the late Biyi Bandele and my question is: what exactly is the color of your ancestral problem? Because I don’t understand.

I will be straight with you, it is the dumb and mentally weak people that usually have the strongest opinions on things they can’t create. I am a creative and I know what it means for people to stupidly critique ideas recklessly and yes, it is what it is.

If you know me at all, I am open to second opinions; I don’t feel bad when people punch holes in my ideas. It is the reason I like Ese and Basirat, they will question everything until we arrive at something we can take to the bank, that’s how we win.

However, you haven’t seen the movie but you saw people criticizing it on Twitter and you jump on the bandwagon and start saying nonsense LOL. Are you a literature student? Did you read Wole Soyinka’s English translation? I’m guessing NO, but you have opinions? Ori e ti daru.

Are you even aware that Wole Soyinka adapted the movie to English? Akinwunmi Ishola wrote Eleshin Oba originally and people have tried it out with stage plays. If you’re not into theatre and deep literature, just watch the movie and pass, don’t be unfortunate with nonsense takes.

I will not address the movie itself yet, I want more people to see it. I can understand theatre people asking why an older person didn’t play the lead role, Odunlade Adekola is obviously a commercial pick, the same reason Dorothy Bachor got the Brotherhood role.

I am going to wait three weeks. See it and let’s debate. For me, it’s an amazing project and I respect the effort. Lots of money spent, top actors engaged and the plot answered to the two versions (English and Yoruba), I don’t want to dive too deep, I’ll wait a bit.

The new week is upon us, I am no longer anxious about what is coming because I am certain nothing will go wrong. I am ready and the universe will be kind. Oh, Martinelli also arrived during the outgoing week, if you know you know. I’ll see y’all tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed every bit of the movie but the yoruba wan scatter my head thank God for subtitle 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I've not watched the movie and the review I'm seeing I'm skeptical about watching it but with the insults you're dashing out I'm not interested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs