This is why your relationship is not working...

 

Communication is key, most people need to know this before rushing into relationships. (Photo credit: Google)

It’s my sisters’ birthday today but nope, I am not writing about them. I didn’t come to this world to serve those girls; I have written about them on this space about four times already. Happy birthday dearies, have fun and God bless you and your respective homes. That’s where it stops.

I started something yesterday and adjourned to continue today. I had a conversation with Ebere and she was lamenting about her relationship struggles. She mentioned a few things that struck cords but I’ll dwell on just one of them and that is the phenomenon called COMMUNICATION.

Personally, I understand the place of communication and its dynamics of it. I also understand that it’s okay not to be interested in talking at certain points but the non-verbal ones ruin things more than the noisy ones but most people don’t know this. I digress.

One thing I know a lot of people struggle with is confrontation and I am in that bracket too. As vocal as I can be, I am not confrontational one bit. I know this is a bit hard to believe for those that don’t know me personally, I am more of a warrior in texts and less physically.

Of course, there are instances where I get to speak up, either to defend myself or my team as the case may be but on overall, I’d rather let things slide than tackle them head-on and I am saying categorically that it’s not the best approach.

Most relationships are hitting rocks today because gladiators don’t want to talk about things and trash them truthfully. When people form busy and pull up activities when it’s time to have the hard conversations, I feel they’re just not willing to fight for what they share, it’s that simple.

There are some hard conversations people in relationships need to have for them to avoid future stories; finance is one of them but fake love and intense sex won’t let people have sense. I am not your relationship adviser though, I am just here to tell you that if you don’t communicate like humans, you’re only wasting your time.

Life isn’t as hard as how many of you make it seem. You don’t like something, yet your partner does it on a regular but because you don’t want to be seen as troublesome, you don’t talk about it and then end up on a “hide my identity, dear Joro” space. The joke is on you.

This topic is broad and I’ll be back to it but today, I’ll leave it here. I have a lot to digest, I am not sharing but it will take a while for the dust to settle. We move!

Comments

  1. You need to come back and read most of your article and use most of the advice you give out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs