Oyin wants to end it, God abeg

 

I am bothered about my friend, I hope she pulls through. (Photo credit: Google)

I was on a work call this afternoon when Oyin (No way it’s her real name) called and to think I didn’t want to pick up as her call was intruding my debrief session with my colleagues; I picked to ask her to allow me to call her back but the first thing she said left me stunned.

Oyin sells jewelry; her nickname is “Stone” which came from her family business – they’re famed for precious stones, and she inherited a rich establishment. She is 36, been married twice, first as a 24-year-old and then as a 31-year-old, both were separated by death.

Ramsey, I want to end everything” was what she said to me over the phone, now you too balance me, how will I end the call after hearing that? I knew my response mattered at that point and I dare not say nonsense, I quickly switched internet so I could still get something from the work call while listening to my friend.

Oyin is a happy child, from a super-rich home and living her best life but she wants to end it, why? After getting her to calm down, I asked what the trigger is and I wasn’t surprised, her family invited her to a meeting yesterday where they brought up the marriage issues again.

Just so you get it, Oyin doesn’t want to ever get married again; she doesn’t have the heart to try again, and I don’t think anyone with a sense of empathy would disagree with her, twice she tried, twice she lost her partners to death, make of that what you will.

She currently feels worthless, she thinks there’s nothing to live for and would rather end it than live another day answering silly questions. It’s strange but people in the B-class can be lonely most times and the little friends they have cannot be trusted.

There’s a case of insensitive people dropping subliminal messages like “Hi Oyin, I’m going on a date with my husband and wouldn’t be able to meet up”, it is what it is, and like I’ve always opined, if you let people get at you with that they say, you will forever fall into a such ditch.

Oyin’s story isn’t even as pathetic as she’s making it seem. I get it, two husbands passed away and it’s really hard she doesn’t even have it half as worse as some other people. I also understand that it’s a problem she can’t throw money at, it’s a big problem.

She wants a child desperately, she confided that she has tried casual relationships just to get pregnant and that hasn’t happened, now she is sinking into depression and wants to end it. Hers is another case of a sad soul hiding behind happy pictures, God abeg.

Oh okay, one more detail, she smokes heavily these days. She’s always been a smoker but she’s on the other side of normal with that now. I don’t know how that contributes to the problem on the ground but just to put it out there. As I write this, I am still looking for what more to tell her.

I have no word for the family members that won’t let her be; she doesn’t see any good in herself, here’s someone that drives a 2019 Camry and GLK, lives in her own property in Lekki and can afford anything and everything she wants, again, can we say too much money is a problem too?

If you have some advice to give, my DM and comment section are open.

Comments

  1. It would be hard to be in Oyin’s shoe as we speak but I would advise her to get opened up to a Friend like none.. someone in her shoe or even worse met this Friend by Jacob’s well years back (John 4).. and the woman got connected to a source springing up into a good and everlasting life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oyin, if you're reading this, sorry about all you've had to deal with and still dealing with. How you feel at the moment is understandable also. Please take it easy. Sending you hugs and plenty more hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs