Mr. & Mrs. Gold... Ten years later

 

Thank you for being an inspiration, congratulations and happy wedding anniversary. (Photo credit: Kenny Gold-Jegede)

Today is my brother’s wedding anniversary, Mr. Gold I and LG, his heartthrob are ten years old in marriage today and beyond being happy for them, I am inspired.

I know one or two nonsense people will ask me why I’m not married LOL, is marriage for everyone? If you don’t getat but today’s article isn’t about me, it’s about Maxi and LG and I am just here thanking God for them while also drawing inspiration from them.

Where do I start from? I remember missing their engagement in Ife because I was writing my final exams in school; it was kinda strange to me that my brother was getting married and even though we had differences that bordered on individual differences, you can’t question the love.

Their wedding was dope, the bride’s family came through with mad hospitality and to date, the relationship between the two families is enviable. There’s no event that happens within the two families that the gladiators won’t be present, the love is deep.

They’re blessed with two beautiful daughters. I must report myself here before they drag me in public; I promised Morireoluwa, the older one that I am going to give her a cousin soon, she’s six now and I don’t even have an aunt for her let alone my promise.

See, it’s not for the lack of trying but water is just plenty than the amala. And I don’t want to introduce another aunt that will later become a stranger, she has met a couple already haba. And the second, the energy goddess of the family, let her come and spend the weekend with you, you will feel the heat.

I remember how LG’s mom took care of me when I had to spend two months in a local physio room in Ife just before I went to NYSC; she made sure I didn’t feel much pain with her presence, there was nothing more than who she was that you can ask from a figure y’all call in-law… She is a mother.

Maxi moved to UK in January and I know the rest of the family will join him soon. Here’s me wishing Mr. and Mrs. Gold a happy wedding anniversary. I know one of your siblings was asking for another child to mark the decade but I will not lend my voice to that, it’s at your discretion. Congrats my Gees.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs