Limo X... My friend from way back

 

Oluleke Ishola Atanda, my friend from way back. Happy birthday G. Stay kinging. (Photo credit: Limo's status)

I’ve written about Adewunmi Oshodi Tapa before so I wouldn’t bother much today. It’s her birthday and strangely, we’ve not spoken so much this year, to think we used to talk daily way back, we call her Madam Fix It.

It’s also Limo’s birthday today. I met him way back and we literally grew up together. Limo and I started a musical career that was quite promising; he’s quite talented but I always thought I write better than he does, he obviously sings better and doesn’t have the Fuji undertone that I have.

I could easily leave my house for days and stay at his that year, about twenty years now and his folks were always great to be with. His mom was leading the PDP women in her ward or even the local government at the time and I learned quite a lot from her.

How do I describe Limo? Great guy, even if we don’t agree on many things. He is a lot diplomatic, lovable and ambitious. Too secretive for my liking but again, people are allowed to employ any style they like without anyone judging them for it.

I am not going to be surprised if he ever becomes Oyo State governor, he won’t have me to contend with because I only want to be Olubadan like my forefathers. He knows he has his PR man in me if he ever runs for public office, he will win, you heard it first from me.

We differ on certain things, choice of women is one of them. He is quite brief in height and that makes me think he tries too hard to seek respect even when he deserves it most of the time. He would rather be with a slim shady, I cannot relate and in fact, God forbid. As I typed this, I felt Joy giving me a nudge, rest sis or grow some… Never mind.

Again, he like Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, I am not sure if he likes the Korean President too but I won’t be surprised if he does, that should tell you his kind of person. He is quite objective and direct, how he fits this bill and still ranks as a politician beats me but we once met Barack Obama, so it’s okay.

We’re of the same age but I doubt he agrees, he thinks he’s way younger and I won’t go further there LOL. He can be planning marriage and won’t say, he is one of those folks that would just text you that they’re now in Canada, I’m even surprised he hasn’t left.

Limo is a fashionista; he still owes me a suit and I will collect it from him. I don't think he's so much of a football person, but he likes Jose Mourinho. I know him to be happy for people, he is not an enemy of progress and he is quite helpful, though principled in that regard.

Hehehe, I remember an incident in 2002, I rammed Lekan’s car into a security pole and it was Limo that had to go to his house to get cement from wherever he got it from to bail me out LOL, we made a song out of it but no, I won’t sing it for you people because it had my nickname of then in the lyrics.

I think Limo has a record label now but I will check. He was trying to sign Ai Stuff at a time and that was when I knew he wasn’t serious LOL. It’s just like a football club trying to sign a wanna-be LMAO; no disrespect but Ai Stuff should focus on his network marketing and photography and if he is reading this, he can take it as a challenge to prove me wrong.

So much to say but I’ll leave it here and wish Limo a happy birthday. Ideally, he should be legally closer to 40 than 30 now but I don’t know what lies in his official birth certificate. Live long and prosper my G and I hope you enjoy managing your public profile when you become the governor of our state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs