Yes, I had a broken engagement...

 

Cheers to the endless months of dark nights and long hours on deep playlists and raw whiskey. Let's say hello to a new day... (Photo credit: iStock)

On today’s episode, I like to appreciate everyone that reached out after my post of yesterday. I got lots of love from people and it feels good to see genuine care. I am happy that we’re beginning to take mental health seriously but there are still lots of people that need to learn.

These people need to learn one of two things; either to learn how to mind their businesses or to learn how to grow thick skin to take anything that comes as the consequence of their stupid questions or unsolicited opinions to people that didn’t ask for one.

I will finally do this, yes! I had a broken engagement and through time, I have not been the same. There you have it; I admit I haven’t healed despite coming out all the while like it’s nothing. It has affected a lot of things including my idea bank, but God hasn’t shamed me.

I’ve had to answer stupid questions on WhatsApp especially this year and there’s a limit to how far I can apply home training; again, I must thank Damola for the honest conversation that brought me out of my shell and, I hope lots of people find ways to heal from things they don’t talk about.

We have lots of broken people hidden behind filters on pictures. You see happy faces on Instagram, and you begin to compete with them without knowing their private struggles; on the other hand, you judge people on their reactions at certain points without clear understanding of why they had to do it, I don’t blame you though.

Why did I mask this all the while? Well, I didn’t see it coming and I wasn’t brave enough to admit to the reality for a very long time. Why didn’t I try to seek for help? What do I know that the person I’m trying to talk to is facing? Or will I be opening wounds on the other end too? It’s tricky trust me.

Even at this, I maintain that I don’t know too many people that are half as strong as I am. I am happy to have learned through this face even if I’m still very much in the thick of it. I should write about what I tried to do to jump out of the woods, all failed woefully and should never be applied, but I’ll talk about them soon.

Where am I now? Not there yet and it might take a while but I’m certainly not where I was months ago; being honest with myself and the obvious reality makes it easy for me to write freely right now but I must not close this without clearing one or two idiotic people.

I don’t know how it makes you feel when you throw your luck in other people’s faces; that it worked for you doesn’t mean others are failures. You’re failing in other aspects too and I don’t think you’ll like people to remind you of the fact that you sometimes depend on them for certain stuff too.

I can understand for the antennas, the older ones who can’t come out of their archaic mentality, what about you that has Twitter and read other opinions daily? You can be concerned for someone without making them feel like they don’t know what they’re doing, you may want to reflect on that.

Okay! This is done and dusted. Felabration or beach house night out? One of them will have to fill in the gap for son of man. All that is behind, and Rambo has to start Ramboing again. I won’t be answering any questions. I hope you respect that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs