These Gen Z guys need to take it slow...

 

How else would you expect Teni to receive the award? However, I feel she should have ended the online debate. (Photo credit: Channels TV)

As much as I am all for the emerging generation of brave kids and adventurous souls, it’s becoming clear that the future is bleak as we begin to mortgage common sense at the altar of confidence.

I am beginning to get worried at how the highly celebrated “Soro soke” generation is going about this liberation thing and it will be highly counterproductive at the end of the day if they don’t apply caution and allow some level of decorum to prevail in their dealings.

Case in point: I saw a resignation letter from a student that was hired by a firm for the period of the now-suspended strike action by ASUU, you may have seen it and if you think it’s for clout you might have a rethink because it’s not. The firm confirmed the letter where the student wrote “O ti lor” and ended it there.

You’ll come across it and laugh, lots of people will easily make excuses for the boy and say it’s a Gen Z thing, but with his social currency ruined, if he ever wants to apply for a job in the future and someone pulls that up, would you understand and also laugh or you’ll do what Gen Zs do – Shift goalpost?

I am an apologist of the generation and despite people campaigning against hiring them, I enjoy working with them as I’m always intrigued by their questions and thought processes but can they begin to think twice before looking for retweets and likes on social media?

As much as I stand with Teni at the award presentation last week, simply because she did absolutely nothing wrong in my own estimation, I stand to be corrected, I’d have expected her to drop a post on her handle to end the noise about her action or inaction by social media bandits.

Leaving it open, and allowing people to drag her into needless drama doesn’t speak well of her. I am never going to be drawn into the debate of whether she deserves the award or not with people bringing up Olamide’s name which I align with, but if you know anything about Teni’s father, you’d know the award was fair.

Regardless of how useless they are, my Bible encourages me to respect authority. A note that says “My action was not to disrespect the president” would have ended the madness, she doesn’t owe anyone anything outside that as I repeat, I don’t think she did anything wrong but allowing it to linger on social media was also unnecessary.

As much as I’d rather ignore it, I don’t think the Paystack guy made sense with his attire. Nigeria has not legalized same-sex marriage, if they arrest him, would they have a case against him or not? I don’t have the El Jibiti energy today, just asking you to think about it. Ire o.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs