The official Assistant Boyfriend of Lagos

 

Happy birthday my G... Sip Easy. (Photo credit: Black)

The first time I saw this guy, I didn’t like him, and the reason was because I saw him clinging to three different ladies within my first three hours of resumption at Madison & Park.

Tunde Black Ogunrinde is the classic example of an Assistant Boyfriend; you can see him around all the ladies in Lagos, but I can assure you beyond every doubt that he ain’t getting nothing from any of them. They can call him “dear” and “sweetheart” till daybreak but that’s where it ends.

I think he had to travel for work and was out of the office for about two weeks so, it took a while for me to warm up to him or even get to know much about him outside the fact that folks were always talking about him. While I was in the strategy team, he was in the operations team alongside TSA, Paul and Sekinat.

Not long afterward, Black and I became a little close but not beyond work conversations and one or two bottles. Six months down the line and it became better. We had reasons to work on projects together and also had plans outside work, some huge hits and one in particular ended in tears… Not today.

Black left the Mad people’s den early in 2019 but it proved a mistake. You can’t blame him; he got a sensational offer from an Oil & Gas firm, but he didn’t get to resume following some dramatic turn of events internally that had absolutely nothing to do with Black.

His positive spirit is what I want to talk about from that experience; you could look at him at some points and feel he’s a bit laid back; you could look again and see a guy that has decided to live with what he couldn’t change. It took a little while, but he soon found himself on the agency side of life again.

On the flip side, when you plan with Black, you need a plan B. He can come through on his days and you’ll probably crown him your man of the year, but he can also leave you hanging on certain days and the world will not crash. Choose the day to make him your striker, Oluwa a wa pelu e o.

One event that stands out with Black as he celebrates his birthday today has to be a day, we went into a brainstorming session with Kemi for Mandilas’ Carriers AC LOL. Black came up with a fine idea and everyone ran with it, we left the room to go share it with the rest of the team only to find out Black actually stole the idea from Elesie’s brainstorming session he attended earlier in the day LMAO!

Black has made sure I’m not alone. He has days he will go missing but he’s been amazingly helpful. I think him coming through domestically yesterday ranks on top of his good deeds. We go way back, from Rosewood Close to the deep end of the water arena LOL and then to The Matrix, Happy birthday my G, the official Assistant Boyfriend of Lagos.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs