No retreat, no surrender!

 

From left, Ohmar, Tolu, Victor, Titi, Eniola, Rambo, Ife and Moji Coker at the finale of the customer service week. It was a great one at our end. (Photo credit: Sandra Ajayi)

I was tempted to write about Anikulapo today but nah, we’ll do that another day. I’ve seen lots of takes and blame games; it has always been the standard practice, to look for who to blame instead of picking the actual lessons in the movie project.

I remember how it was after people saw Tyler Perry’s Acrimony; it was more a gender war than anything else and that energy is back at play on Anikulapo; I’ll allow more people to see it before I write about it but that, certainly won’t be too far away from now.

I’m knackered actually and I feel a little bit lonely but I have no explanation for that. I’ll just walk you through how my week went that’s if you agree that the week has ended already. It was a rather fast one and I’m not complaining, a lot went according to plan and I’m grateful for that.

Started off with a public holiday that makes absolutely no difference to me and the coming one has decided to maintain the same energy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Nigeria and Nigerians love too many public holidays; are we ever going to be serious as a nation?

It was a week that brought to the fore the cultural diversity at Riquesa; we had the honor of seeing folks in their native attires and it was great to see. I was particularly in awe of the joy in the members of the team while repping their roots, don’t you want to roll with these guys?

Yesterday was the height of our customer service week and while I was away for half the show, it was great seeing these crazy folks sink into their roots. Victor was a big hit with his Igwe attire, the trio of Moji Coker, Eniola, and Ese Makanaki also came through from the west and Edo to be precise.

Titi’s alpha woman vibe was very obvious in her agbada and the demons didn’t disappoint – Tolu, Ife, Seye, Bishop and yours truly came through with the full regalia. I missed out on the old school day? Wawu! You need to see Bishop, Tolu, Ohmar and Ese Makanaki.

For one strange reason, Paulina cheated me by not seeing my vintage Arsenal jersey and my late father’s trousers that I slim-fitted to my size as an old school worthy, my God will fight for me. It’s a working weekend again and I’m not complaining. I’m waiting for 6pm for me to join the call, no retreat, no surrender!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs