Men also cry...

 

I know my gender can most times let me down but today, I want you to know it's not easy and men also cry. (Photo credit: Google)

Yesterday was a little weird but not like I didn’t expect it. I understand how the stan culture works and when people choose to stand with someone, they go to any length in defending their superheroes. I know how I go to war when people bring up the obvious weaknesses in Kizz Daniel or when they try to knock the people I like.

No hard feelings really; the Laycon post was never to shade the guy or call him dumb, it was my way of appreciating the amazing team that built a narrative around him which worked brilliantly. In hindsight, can we say he is at par with the perception built for him? My answer is no and I’ll leave it there.

I had a debate last night with Black and his girlfriend – Becca. It was about the need for men to show emotions when they’re hurt and not bottle it in because society sees men as superhuman beings and should never let the gender down by crying.

It starts from shouting a male child down whenever he wants to respond to something he’s not happy about; there are lots of battles to talk about but can we stop teaching people how to react to situations that are beyond them instead of making them bottle it in – which breeds future danger.

Black – my friend said he hasn’t cried since his secondary school days and this is down to the fact that he has conditioned himself to believe he is not allowed to cry as a man. I like to appear strong and brave but you’ll want to talk to those that were in the room the day my father passed away… I digress.

You hear news of men committing suicide here and there and all are down to issues they can’t discuss with anyone; a friend was pronounced dead just two days ago in an FPL WhatsApp group, and here’s a dude that was still bantering with people over United’s epic loss on Sunday.

It was later revealed he’s been battling depression and no one knew about it. Now it’s not enough to even play games and watch football together; you can’t tell who’s sweating under the feather with different fragrances covering up personal odors, I know men are scum but you might want to hug one today, it’s not easy.

Bills won’t stop coming, work pressure will never stop flying around – we don’t even pray to be idle, hence a need to learn how to strike a balance so the waves of life will not overwhelm us. If you’re sinking, ask for help, and if you need to cry, iyalaya anybody… Feel free my guy.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs