Maxi, my big brother is 40 today...

 

It is how people say we look alike for me, abeg I'm finer than this, make nobody whine me. Happy birthday my big brother. Stay kinging boss. (Photo credit: Maxi)

Today should be a public holiday for me but it has been my busiest day ever for 2022. It is what it is, work pressure hits different on certain days but that’s by the side, today is Maxi’s birthday, my daddy on earth, my big brother… A great guy by all standards.

To think we struggled to get along while growing up, at some points, we were always at loggerheads and it was easy for me to conclude he was jealous of me LOL but today, I don’t think I have a better friend than my big brother, Maxwell Ayodele Olaniyan-Gold.

I’m not sure one article is going to do justice to how I feel about this great guy; it is not even about the fact that he is my brother, but the fact that since our father left, Maxi has owned the role and he’s playing it better than how anyone else would have tried.

How he comes through for the clan, how he coordinates the entire family despite the fact that he’s thousands of miles away from the shores of Nigeria; I am proud of the man you are and the legend you’re becoming… 40? Wow! How time flies.

I have lots of memories and all I can say is how grateful I am to God for giving me a thoughtful and helpful human as a brother. No one else cares about my health half as much as Maxi does; well it’s easy for someone to say he doesn’t have a choice but I know people that are unlucky with siblings too.

Maxi is 40 today, he got married to an amazing woman in 2012 and they’re blessed with two beautiful daughters; I should be very careful so LG doesn’t drag me when she reads this so I have to play down some parts that can remind her of my promises to Morire and Morayo LOL.

This is about Maxi actually. I’m not sure I know anyone that has more friends than he does, some of the friends he made while growing up have become quality family members – Bro Folarin comes to mind in this regard, you wouldn’t know there’s no blood connection when you see him at our family events.

Maxi is best described as Mr. Nice Guy, I think we have a few of them in the family but he leads that conversation right now and he’s not even about the title alone, he’s acting it and I can only hope and pray he stays healthy and wealthy enough for the responsibilities on his broad shoulders.

There’s so much to talk about but today’s Monday decided to overdo the Monday thing. I’m not complaining actually, it is what it is and we live to fight another day. I will do more sometime soon, I’ll talk about a few arguments and our wins together.

Happy birthday Maxi, I pray you continue to enjoy all of God’s blessings, and may you return with the spoils of no man’s land. Congratulations on your 40th anniversary on earth. I love you Maxi… Stay kinging my G. I’ll party for you this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs