I love curvy women... I can't help it

 

I wanted to use Gini but couldn't get her permission on time so manage this image of a woman that looks like the ones we're celebrating today. Isn't she gorgeous? (Photo credit: IG)

Today, 12th October is a day set aside to celebrate curvy women. More like saying it’s a day dedicated to my kind of women, one of the real reasons we exist, and I can’t but write about them today in my personal space.

Body shaming is a major thing in our society and whether we like to admit it or not, almost all of us are guilty of this nonsense. It’s okay for you to look at someone and say the person isn’t tall or slim enough for you but you won’t have it if someone says something similar to you, is that not premium ment?

I know it takes a lot for anyone to feel comfortable in their own skin, it’s the reason I think twice before criticizing people who bleach – still doesn’t make sense to me but they have their reasons, and I won’t be there when their skin fights back. I digress peacefully.

I am quite unapologetic about my love for curvy women, you don’t have to be around me for too long to know this; but I see people with different opinions trying to talk down a well-endowed woman simply because she doesn’t look like what they like, why not just go for your type? It’s not hard na.

It swings both ways actually; I remember a former colleague who used to complain about how people talk her down because she’s ultra slim, I can understand her feelings and even if I am not one of those that would pluck flowers for slim ladies, I never attempted making her feel bad.

Shout out to every woman out there who’s plus size and is struggling with confidence simply because of what she has faced from people. You have no idea how much inspiration you give me, y’all are my muse and I am proud to say this. I’m tempted to mention names, but I won’t.

Celebrate yourself today, where that red dress and trust me, that waist belt or what do y’all call it can rest; the tummy comes with the package, a tummy tuck isn’t cheap, and we just have to encourage you people to be comfortable in your skin. Not all of us care about the tummy to be honest, it’s highly secondary but your preference comes first, and I can understand.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs