Dodo is highly overrated...

 

Plantain (Dodo) can come in handy on its day but that's where it stops. It is unnecessarily overrated, and I want to know why. (Photo credit: Feyikemi)

I must have mentioned it a million times that Dipo Ogun was the motivation for this daily writing journey, one of his recent articles is however the motivation for today’s topic and from the look of things, it will divide opinions a bit.

Almost everyone in my life will agree with Dipo about plantain, best known as “dodo” but I must be the only one that doesn’t align with the school of thought that dodo is the life. Let’s be clear, I don’t hate it, but I strongly feel it is the second most overrated food (if you classify it as a whole meal) after ponded yam.

I have said it before and may I remind you again that I am not so much of a food person, and I am dangerously selective with food. My cravings are extremely weird but, no matter how it goes, some food can never itch my tastebuds, pounded yam tops that particular list.

I can deal dodo and fried eggs, it works perfectly but I am not one of those that can’t eat rice without plantain, I don’t even see the need for it most times; just gimme the damn white rice and proteins (fish, meat or boiled eggs). What is the fuss about plantain?

Plantain chips can suffice during trips and in between meals but dodo itself is just another complement, nothing more. When I see people placing so much importance on it, I wonder if there’s anything wrong with them or they need counselling, dodo is basic, leave it at that.

It’s so deep for some people that they save their partner’s name as “soft dodo” or whatnot, nonsense and ingredients. In fact, it only tells me that the relationship cannot last, what is dodo in the grand scheme of things? I’m not saying it’s completely nonsense but what exactly is the hype about?

When Dipo wrote about dodo, almost half of his contacts legit reposted the article, while I like his use of rhymes on this particular post, I see absolutely no reason for his rave about dodo. I am not a big fan and there’s nothing anyone can say that will change my mind.



I have decided to include Dipo’s article in this post so you can see for yourselves. I will not be answering any question or seeking any advice. I am only here to support the motion that dodo is as overrated as Laycon. Today is the celebration of light and colors (Diwali), so I say… Love and light.

Comments

  1. I'm not even going to read this.. but from the title alone... You must be ment..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dodo is not basic sha but why drag Laycon into this 😂😂😂

      Delete
  2. Who says dodo is basic? Dodo is life, dodo is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wasted 2 minutes of my life . Dodo is a meal, an accessory to a meal and a supporting striker. It’s the ying to any gaddem Yang. Check yourself o brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dodo is not basic; but to each it’s own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs