Church rat and poisoned holy communion... Tinubu was right

 

Tinubu's response to climate change question at a recent event has to be the best thing he's done since giving Lagos Fashola but it's laughable to see people drag him for it. (Photo credit: LASG)

Everything is fair in love and war. I can understand why people will say anything they like about someone they don’t like and when it involves politics, I try to read little into what people throw around especially when it’s clear they won’t keep it on issues.

My stand on Tinubu is clear, I will not vote for him. I don’t owe anyone any explanations, I only have one vote and by the special grace of God and the atileyin of Mohammed, I will exercise my civic rights and vote for the candidate of my choice. So help me God and INEC (because my PVC is still with them).

Regarding the issues of Monday, 17th October where Tinubu answered questions on climate change, I watched the videos many times to be sure there’s nothing I missed out. I again must say this, you don’t have to comment on everything especially on topics you don’t have deep knowledge of.

I can understand you’d rather vote for another candidate and not Tinubu, me too but I, Ramsey Abimbola Gold will keep it issue-based and not shenanigans. I am not a politician and my judgment of every candidate will be on what I think they have to offer and what they say, not what you think or your sentiments.

Tinubu said the issue of climate change is like asking a church rat not to eat poisoned holy communion. He went further to say if the West doesn’t fund us, we won’t comply with their global warming demands and lots of people have gone to the market with his statement, Tinubu was 100% right.

Let me put it into context for those that want to understand and not those looking for cheap political points to score. Why is the West suffering badly from the hazards of global warming? It is down to their bad decisions over the years on dirty energy and dangerous emissions.

How did the West grow its economy and its society? A church rat is poor and can only feed on crumbs, does the church rat know a bad meal? Nigeria is poor compared to developed nations and we can only use tools that we can afford, do these people understand metaphor at all?

The West wants us to stop using coal, which we have in abundance because it affects the ozone layer; can we afford the hi-tech facilities that will replace the low-budget ones we have? Will the West fund us without killing interest rates so we can happily comply with climate change demands?

When we try to get loans from the world bank, what rates do they give us? When the US tries to borrow, what interest rates do they give them? You can’t teach a church rat that has no choice about what to eat or whatnot. Tinubu’s speech can be flawed on other grounds, think deep and exploit that, not showing off your illiteracy at the altar of political sentiments.

I still hope he doesn’t win. I don’t need another sabbatical president abeg. He is not healthy; he can’t paper that crack. Maybe if he starts attending NLP or goes to the mountain to pray, sound health can return, and until then… My vote is not for him. Ire o.

Comments

  1. Best write up I have read from your stable since the one on my birthday..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This opened a new perspective and enlightening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs