Why does burial jollof taste better than others?

 

Is there a reason burial jollof tastes better than any other type? (Photo credit; Google)

I was going to write about my first Chinese food experience today but like I mentioned the other day, I reserve the rights to shift goalposts here and you won’t be angry. I promise you, you will get your opportunity to laugh at me in due time, most likely tomorrow.

I was having a conversation with Precious last night and once again, this phenomenon jumped at me again and it’s worth talking about. There are two situations we haven’t been able to explain and I have chosen to talk about them today, my Chinese experience will have to wait.

I have a question and here is it: Go to the market today, buy a set of cutleries like twelve; even if you live in a house of just about three people, give it just one quarter and take stocks, the set of spoons will remain just four even if you’re extremely careful… I’m asking, where did the spoons travel to?

Look around you, go to your kitchen and make the count. I know you bought a set of cutleries recently and you should be able to run an experiment; where did the spoons travel to? Even if someone owns up to taking one or two to work or whatnot, oya balance me, where are the rest?

I will leave you to ruminate over that, before I move to the next, I think I should give some props to my guy Seye whose birthday is today. Omo! Seye is a great guy and he is probably the most loved guy in the clan and without any long thing, dude looks the part and we love him for it.

I will write about the entire team someday soon and Seye will get more than one paragraph but, until then I will go back to talking about three mysterious situations, we live with but no one talks about. I have talked about spoons, let’s talk about the second one now.

I have heard this before, I experienced it once to I have come to understand that it is true to the heavens; burial jollof is the sweetest kind of jollof in the world… do you want to argue with me? I remember when my father passed away, the highlight of his burial was the jollof.

I have heard people talk about it, I have not seen a burial jollof that is underwhelming and I am asking, do these dead people join the team while preparing their food? I think they understand the grief that comes with their burials and they kinda want people to remember them for good… Am I making sense?

I’m not asking you to start going about looking for burial jollof tho, but if you ever stumble on one and it lets you down please send me a message. I need to debunk this myth and I will be glad to; sad I wasn’t able to make it to Queen Elizabeth’s burial, I for like sample her burial jollof.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs