My first ever silent disco party - Part 2

 

Let's party on the beach with Desperados tonight... Shall we? (Photo credit: Ramsey's iPhone)

…At about 10pm, Hillary’s phone rang and she gestured to me to not say a word; I wasn’t bothered because I’d rather act, not talk in that scenario. The voice at the other end found its way to me, I’m sure I’d written about the quality of my ear drums in the past.

It wasn’t a pleasant conversation; it was her boyfriend and it was quite heated. A lot ran through my head; I thought this girl said she was single and we agreed to date? Apparently, I was a placeholder, more like a filler but I pretended I didn’t hear a thing.

Moments after she dropped the call, she stepped out of the car without saying anything; She came back about five minutes later and asked we go into the party. I dragged myself out and limped after her, we got to the fourth floor and right at the entrance, I was introduced to my first embarrassment.

It was a ticketed event; Hillary was supposed to be someone’s plus one and her name was already on the guest list but mine wasn’t. I was bounced and she couldn’t do much, she handed me her car keys for me to go chill for her LOL, wish I took the offer tho.

I stood there wondering why she was playing like that; in a quick flash, someone came and mediated, I was allowed in but of course, the odd feeling was never going away. It was my first so, It was strange to see everyone on headphones and no sound was coming out apart from people vibing.

The lights were beginning to irritate me and in the midst of my confusion, the guy that got me in handed me headphones; dud didn’t know it was my first time, he didn’t give me any tips and I didn’t want to compound my horrible showing, I wore the damn thing and was there waiting for music to play itself LOL.

At around 11:30pm, the door was forced open and it was men of the police force. Omo! They molested boys, their target was a certain Oscar, a celebrity yahoo boy. Every single human in the room was bundled into their vans, they came prepared.

It was a crazy experience. I had more than enough discouragements but I didn’t heed warnings. Many of us were released that same night but it’s on record that we shalaye at their station. I’ve attended quite a number of silent discos since then but the first left horrible tales behind.

Anyways, Desperados is hosting a silent disco party on the beach today. If you’re available for fun, hit me up let’s have some. I will be attending a movie premiere – Jade Osiberu’s Brotherhood (Ojuju Ball) first and then we storm the beach from there.

I know some of you will ask about Hillary. We didn't talk from that night until one day she needed the contact of a celebrity friend, we had business conversation and no one ever mentioned that ill-fated night. Sora fun obirin o. Oluwa a wa pelu e.

It’s been a crazy week, let’s go end it on a high… Shall we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs