My first ever silent disco experience...

 

Silent disco is fun, I've been a quite a number of them but my first experience was a better forgotten one. (Photo credit: Pinterest) 

Desperados’ silent disco party comes up on the beach this Friday and it reminds me of my first ever silent disco; it was one hell of a night, I started and ended a relationship that day.

Titi had started posting a certain guy on her status then, I knew we were over but I was still living in denial like someone who’s Bet9ja ticket has caught fire but he’s thinking he didn’t pick certain teams, we’ve all been there, right? I was looking to have someone to post too to get back at her.

I was on a iRepublic gig with Prestige that year, this fine coke-bottle-body girl was in my DM; she was a law student at Unilag, she knew someone I was friends with then so, it was easy for us to get along. One thing led to the other and we had to get to meet.

She told me about a silent party event at 1004 and it was a no-brainer. I wish I had time to think about it twice but when the devil is on the beat, even the senior pastor will dance if he “loose-guard”. Remember, the head that will suffer knocks will not go “un-knocked” even if it’s on bowler hat.

My office was on College Road Ogba, Hillary offered to come pick me from her Magodo house and it all felt like heaven. It was our first ever date, it was a case of “let’s get to see, evaluate each other before we start dating officially” so, I was on my Paco Rabanne and new pair of shoes.

We spend some quality time cuddling on my reception couch. Right there and then, we started dating LOL; I rushed my deliverables and we went to Mega Chicken to grab something to eat, while time a bit before heading to the island for the silent disco.

We left Ikeja around 7pm. Police stopped us twice and, on both occasions, I had to run them some “change” as she was driving without drivers’ license and she insists no one else will drive her car. We had flat tire on third mainland bridge, it took an hour for us to sort it at a cost of course… I should have known.

We finally got to the venue on the wrong side of 9pm. We spent an hour at the car park waiting for someone to get us in; I didn’t feel the waiting period because we were all cuddled up in the car, I had enough time to rethink my life and carry my one and half legs out of that situation but again… Coconut head…

To be continued…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs