I am a happy man...

 

I am a happy man today for many reasons, I hope it stays this way for long. (Photo credit: Google)

It’s been a bit of a lazy day and I’m not complaining. The idea is to rest as much as I can on one weekend I don’t have the red and green folks to worry about; it’s a win if you understand how the past two weeks have been but we move.

The week is way better than the last two for sweet reasons; while I may not be able to go into details of how yesterday evening went, I am happy to announce that I am a happy man and a famous Celine Dion line comes to mind right now… it’s all coming back to me.

Err, I will write about my first Chinese restaurant experience tomorrow; I’m buzzing right now and won’t let you people delate me with dragging. You can be sure that it wasn’t a pretty affair but I will tell you regardless, after all I made a promise to share as much as I can on this journey.

Remember I wrote about mending fences and seeking peace? I mentioned in the piece that I had a long-standing bone to pick with someone, I was brave enough to make the call on Thursday and I’m glad I did. I will write about the full story on Yinka’s birthday, it’s on the way actually.

I had a no holds barred session with one of my Glazers – literally in midweek and it opened my eyes to lots of things; it was a learning curve and I’m glad for the three points that have followed that session, it’s not a new manager bounce, it’s a real improvement that will only get better… Glad I confused you there.

My kid brother’s birthday is tomorrow, he is my next of kin as it stands and I don’t know how to feel about the fact that he’s relocating to the UK in the coming days; virtually everyone around me has subscribe to the “japa” culture, it now looks like I’m not serious with my life.

I think I have to move the Chinese story to Monday then, BJ has tomorrow by default so, y’all have to wait another day to laugh at me. I can also decide not to write about the experience anymore and nobody will beat me so, wait for it or else I’ll change my mind.

I should also mention that I’ll go to church physically tomorrow; been a while I enjoyed that feeling within the walls of the church and not through the phone but then… Frodo has to help out by coming to pick me in the morning. That’s conditional right?

It’s a fine week by all standards, I feel at peace with lots of things and we move to the next. Jack Daniel’s for the evening with a touch of Schweppes virgin mojito. Football, Netflix and a few documentaries to engage the mind and then scriptwriting later in the night… We go again next week which starts tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs