Some people deserve front row seats in hell

 

Ideally, anyone on this table deserves a reserved seat beside the devil on judgment day. (Photo credit: Google)

Hehehe, I’ll finish the tale of a lost boy tomorrow but I remembered one funny gist earlier today and would rather share that today. I’m sure this must have happened to you or someone you know so, I’m not alone in it I’m sure you can’t laugh at me.

Have you ever asked for directions from people and they showed you the wrong direction? It’s a thing in some parts of Lagos and that’s why the advent of Google Maps will forever be a great thing to celebrate because you don’t actually need anyone to show you the way anymore.

I was invited to be a panelist at an event for some graduating students of Olabisi Onabanjo University sometime in 2017, I embarked on the journey from Lagos with my cousin Tunde John LOL and both of us are naturally geographically challenged, our road network knowledge was so weak we needed help on the way.

We got to a roundabout at Abeokuta after a few merry-go-rounds and eventually settled to ask people for the way to the school; one man warmed up to us and told us he was going our way and it was a no-brainer to give him a lift, he jumped even before we asked him to and we continued the trip.

I’d been to OOU a couple of times before then and nothing on that road looked like what I knew, Tunde felt the same way but we kept going under the guidance of our supposed guy at the back seat. We eventually got to one junction and this man asked to come down.

Tunde parked and as the man jumped down, we saw a few people hailing him and two kids quickly ran up to him; he shoved them aside faintly and pointed us forward, he said we should ask anyone we meet on the road after the next two junctions and turned away from us like we didn’t get there together.

Apparently, we took this man to his house in another town entirely and Tunde and I couldn’t believe the cheap scam we just suffered. We laughed at ourselves and took the premium L on the chin and to our dismay, the man took us off route completely and we had to trace our way back.

I remember seeing people giving wrong directions to people many times and although it was always funny, I think it should be a criminal offense and people should be punished for it. I also remember how Tunde Black used to brag about how they do it in Babcock LOL, God will judge you all.

Run me your wrong direction chronicles, have you ever been given wrong directions before? I’ll be happy to read.

Comments

  1. I have to salute your effort and commitment to this blog. Can’t be easy with the madness that is Lagos.
    I’ve never been led astray though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction it was in covenant...
    And yes it was always hilarious sending someone to the ends of the earth when what he's looking for is just one door away .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs