Rambo's marketing masterclass - Part 1

 

This is me giving back to the community. Thank me later. (Photo credit: You should know if you're a serious person)

Today, I choose to render service to you people even if you’re not paying me for it. You don’t have to thank me, I’m nice like that and if you’re a small business owner of you have a brand you want to push, grab your note pad… This is a masterclass with a touch of unseriousness.

You sell items that people need from time to time but your IG is locked LMAO, brain is paining you. Except you’re a fraud like most of those girls I wrote about sometime ago, you’re doing yourself a huge disservice. Your nonsense principle will only lead you closer to hunger and I’ll not send you urgent 2k.

How well do you know your target consumer? Who is even your target consumer? Where do they play? Who are their friends? Who are the people that influence how they decide? What fascinates them? What influences their decisions? If you don’t have answers to these questions, you’ll just be shouting “God when” upandan.

Let’s break it down a bit. This is easy for you to cascade down to whatever playground you operate on and I’ll just use one or two as examples because I have lots of them on my reading list. You sell accessories, hair or even meals? How do you position your business?

Is your business registered? I’m not talking to you if your business is not registered, I can’t take you seriously if you don’t believe in yourself enough to register your business. Do you have a corporate account? When I’m buying a wristwatch for you and I’m crediting XYZ enterprise, I feel comfortable that you can’t run with my money.

Let’s face it, everyone wants some level of security especially when it’s not payment on delivery; I have seen shege on Instagram and I’ve written about it here before, if I’m crediting a GTB account with name Aderonke Edidiong Coker, there are chances I’d think twice as opposed to when it’s Golden yen Yen Yen Enterprise, do you get?

Speaking of understanding your target consumers; case in point: you sell accessories for males and you don’t think targeting women is a good idea, you’re not helping yourself. I’ll give you a simple real life analogy that should show you where I’m coming from.

I remember when we were to work on a brief from Molped at Brand Regimen, we had back and forth on considering men as targets and here’s why; men don’t use sanitary pads, but a man can be thoughtful to buy for his woman – sister, girlfriend or friend and it was a masterstroke.

Err… I think I should make this a series right? So lemme leave it here and come back to it tomorrow. I’ll go deeper into target segmentation, channel maximization, marketing and good use of social media. Don’t worry I won’t charge you for this. At least you’ll stop coming to me for urget 2k. See you later.


To be continued...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs