Outside shedibalabala... Hymns give me joy?

 

There was a time in my life I used to be like this. Lining up to sing hymns and special numbers. I'm back to Jesus tho. (Photo credit: Google)

Forget the part of me that can’t stop leaning towards “shedibalabala” and what Desperados has turned me to but forget, I’m a Jesus baby and I’ll die on that hill. You can “yinmu” from today till tomorrow, it won’t change the fact that I’m a child of God and certain things appeal to me beyond worldly nonsense.

The past few days have been challenging and that’s basically on health grounds. My back problems came around again and of course, my ankle usually responds to it. One thing that keeps me going is the serenity that comes with hymns. I love singing or hearing hymns.

One thing that works perfectly as my muse outside Jane Mena and all those things you’re thinking is the CAC Hymn Book. E shock you? My guy don’t dull, I’m very big on Christ Apostolic Church hymns and I can tell you for free that you can get me anytime through hymns.

I remember the days Tiwalade and I will sing hymns all day, of course I grew up in a CAC family and my first musical inclinations in life came from hymns. I have a few favorites based on rhythm but other appeal to me based on the deep words that deliver solutions at different times… You too see:

Hymn 66 is my all time favorite, it’s a hymn that reminds me of God’s awesome wonders, His kindness and the fact that you should trust in Him. Hymn 66 was a big solace for me when my father passed away, even though I tend to shed tears on the third stanza but forget, that hymn soothes me.

I have a thing for him 214; as a little boy in the juvenile church that year, this was the song for us. It talks about how much Jesus loves you as a child and how He prioritizes us. The rhythm is also glorious and as it tells you to come to Jesus… Call me if you want me to sing it for you. You will fall in love with Jesus Christ.

I like 333 but it’s a sad song. Well, maybe not sad as it’s the traditional Easter Sunday hymn. My next fav would be Hymn 81; if you ask anyone in my family for my fav hymn, they will tell you it’s Hymn 81 and basically, I can’t argue because stanza three gives me confidence even in the days of adversity.

This hymn teaches me that I don’t have immunity against challenges, they will always come but, as the Bible assures me that they won’t overcome me. The hymn reminds me of God’s promises so, when scoliosis moves mad, or my ankle acts up, or someone fails to come through or I lose a pitch… I just sing hymns.

If you wanna try me, call me anytime this evening and I’ll sing any of the hymns I’ve written about here. I still have five more but of course I can’t write about all of them in one day so I’ll stop here. I will continue tomorrow. Don’t be shocked my dear, I’m a child of God too.

Comments

  1. Hymns have a way of ministering to my spirit, the deep words that gives you peace in the midst of challenges and the joy one feels when listening or singing it can't be quantify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in a CAC family too..the hymns gives me peace of mind always..Christ is king 🤴.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs