Mercy won't go to rehab...

 

Mercy has refused to go to rehab and I'm not that man that will force her to go. Her story breaks me but we learn everyday. (Photo credit: Google)

Up until this minute, Mercy doesn’t feel any form of remorse and, while I don’t think it’s my place to teach her how to feel, I desperately wanted to know why she’s unbothered even though her mom has been in and out of hospital since the saga started.

We spoke again on my way to work this morning and I got the same energy. Just to be clear, Mercy thinks the Christian sister label was forced on her and she had to act the part to satisfy those that fed off that shithousery; even though that has always been the version of her I can relate with, she doesn’t feel that’s who she is.

Here’s the thing: Mercy doesn’t have a problem identifying with a particular religion, what she has a problem with is being boxed to a certain corner and having to play that out all her life. It took me a while to understand and I just have to hope you do too, because any attempt to explain further would seem like I’m seeking justification for her.

Mercy doesn’t wear earrings or any jewelry, but it was yesterday I realized her ears weren’t even pierced in the first place; that decision was made by someone else and was lorded over her, she was sold the idea and she grew with it… That’s not who she ever was or is or wanted to be.

Mercy has been smoking since 2010. She was on holiday to South Africa with her dad and Kene, while they went to hangouts and all, leaving her behind in the house of their hosts, she had someone who introduced her to smoking and when she got back to Lagos not long after, she found safe havens with school friends that smoke and the rest is history.

How has she been able to keep her vices away from family and close friends all along? Everyone, including myself wouldn’t bulge when you see Mercy in certain places; what we all thought of her would never make you imagine she was doing anything of such.

She even had some period she would carry Bible and leave home to those trenches, under the guise that she’s going to preach to worldly people. It is now I’m now connecting dots and then getting to understand that no one is actually intelligent when simple schemers want to run you street.

What is the situation of things? Mercy has been advised to go to rehab but she won’t agree. In fact, part of the reason we’ve been talking is because I’m the only one not forcing her to listen to the rehab advice and the reason I’m not even discussing it with her is because I know once I do, she will block me too.

Of course, I’m not judgmental and the disappointment I felt at first has dissolved into sheer empathy. I am now disappointed in all of us that ever threw shades at her whenever we’re at a party together and she’s asking for water instead of alcohol, Mercy told me she drinks tons of alcohol daily, no one had an inkling.

I don’t know if rehab is a solution and as much as I believe in miracles, I don’t know if that is what Mercy wants because, I will not be a party to the same mistakes again. She doesn’t mind talking to a therapist that isn’t religious and the only topic she wants to discuss is “identity crisis”.

She said except her health is failing, she will never quit smoking weed, she promised to stop taking hard drugs and would slow down on alcohol but never cutting it off, she thinks her mind works perfectly and doesn’t need any deliverance.

How does Kene feel? Omo! Dude is broken and needs help. Their mother is still recovering from shock, her BP has suffered the most and if there's anyone that needs prayer more, I think she's the one but I really hope she handles this better because...

How do I feel about this? Numb! I’ve learned from this and may now write about an incident that happened in 2018 through 2019. I’ll need to speak with Yinka tho, I’m yet to resolve that part and until I do, that’s a story to anticipate even though I’ll be dragged… I deserve it actually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs