What's the long holiday for?

 

Eid Mubarak everyone. Let's have fun and ensure to "meat up. (Photo credit: Google)

Not like I didn’t know before but it’s also quite important to confirm again; the largest percentage of my readers only care about aproko gists and that was quite evident in the amount of feedback I got in my DM on my post of yesterday and guess what? I will make you all wait for the concluding part.

Today is Sallah and all I can say is congratulations to all Muslims across my contact list. To those of you that suddenly became deaf and dumb so we won’t ask you for location, congratulations to you too but know that Christmas isn’t too far away.

Last year Sallah was eventful as I remember it; Tunde Black came to pick me up and we ended up in Mushin for the business of the day. My Corolla suffered that day but it was worth it; I ate meat until my teeth sent me strong memo and guess what? Today is as blissful as last year… You too see!

I woke up to a beautiful Saturday morning and despite the threats from the sky, I made it to a weird version of Dipo Ogun’s MMS Podcast. He had decided to rest his usual cast of Ope Cole, Deo Banks and my humble self for the duo of Bellerin and Isi Dagz but the latter chickened out so Dipo had to bring me in from the bench to square up with Bellerin and it was fun.

Don’t expect the usual though, it was all freestyle and trust Bellerin to be twice as annoying… Wait for it. Bellerin and I returned to mine and we got served a bowl of rice and plenty Sallah meat; while the rice fell short of expectations on taste, the meat made up for the disappointment.

I’ve seen some Sallah day creatives from brands and agencies and I must first tell you this: In all of my career as a copywriter, account manager and then a strategist, I am well aware that Sallah is the most difficult to work on but again, these people aren’t even putting efforts and they will hear from me on Wednesday.

I will never understand the rationale behind the extra two days given as holidays, I’m not even saying I like work so much but what’s the two days for? One is fine considering the celebration falls on a weekend but Monday and Tuesday as public holls? When the Sallah actually didn’t fall on those days? We’re lazy in this country and that’s on period!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs