One hellish night in Bayelsa Part - 4

 

I will never forget that night in Bayelsa, no matter how I water down the story, it was a date with the devil. (Photo credit: Google)

I knew I was flirting with death if I dared stood, the noise was deafening and the bedlam that followed would leave bodies behind; nothing told me it would be my last day on earth but within my walls, I swore never to talk to any woman again, we’ll discuss how that went later in future.

I was still, cans and other items hit me but I must not attempt to stand. The mayhem moved closer to the gate and I saw an opportunity to crawl out of my hiding place; I was left with bruises but I didn’t stop, I kept going but one thing struck me that I will never forget.

In the midst of all the uproar, normal service was going on at another part of the guest house. Folks were still going about normal practice and as I limped on a wall, trying to catch my breath, one of the attendants was asking me what I wanted to drink, “aunty I want to live, not die” If you don’t gedifok.

I didn’t see TK anymore that night and I left the guest house through the back door. I didn’t know my way around but a good Samaritan helped me back to the fellowship hostel where I was putting up, it came at a cost but it was a major help indeed.

The night didn’t end there. It took a little while before I realized my blackberry Bold Touch was lost in the turbulence, it pained me but couldn’t have been as grave as it would have been if I’d lost my life that night. I couldn’t tell anyone anything, I was heaving heavy sighs but couldn’t explain anything to anyone.

You know how it is in the fellowship hostel right? “brother Ramsey, sister Endurance” and all the shenanigans. Of course I couldn’t sleep, what kind of sleep will come after that experience? Shey you dey whine me ni? The moment that followed balanced my thoughts.

Ebuka, another corper from Lagos raced in like someone a masquerade chased, he panted for few minutes before announcing that about eight bodies were lying on the main road, lifeless and certainly gone and from his story, they were from the same guest house I came from.

I was quick to ask him questions to deflect my personal fears but dude got no respect from bro-code. Ebuka looked me in the eyeball and said “guy how did you leave there? Calistus told me you were at the guest house”, all the people I told I went to see a distant cousin paused to look at me, the rest of that night remains untold till rapture happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs