One hellish night in Bayelsa - Part 2

 

It was a night to forget, everything could have ended but again... I live to tell the story. (Photo credit: Google)

…I heard strange languages but from my three and half week’s experience in the town, I figured they talk like they’re angry at all times; every argument or debate is always like a fight with their weed and gin inspired voices but this one time, I knew the night was about to be a long one.

I was on the edge of the not so convenient wooden seat; not like I stood any chance if my worst fear came to pass but I scouted around for escape routes. The first point of drama was a slight use of English in the rants of the guy that led the rage, I heard something like “kill anybody” …

TK maintained beauty in the face of all these, she didn’t bother herself and was constantly telling me to focus on our date; I pretended like I was unbothered but my body couldn’t just agree with me as I was visibly trembling, the attendant that looked a lot like a retired militant came to take orders and the night began.

I’m not sure I can remember the drink I ordered but TK asked for shots of gin, I remember my look when she requested for what I thought was for a different class of people but again, she was not interested in my opinion and even laughed at me that I couldn’t join her race.

The boys went out, I couldn’t hide my joy as I thought the storm was over. TK told me stories of the environment and little did she know that I wasn’t enjoying any of her tales. She was legit talking about violence and bloodbath without batting eyelids, aunty I don’t roll that way, I’m a daddy’s boy please tell me something else “tori Olorun

About half an hour into the date, the boys returned in batches and took turns to make orders. All of them were drinking gin and of course, they were all smoking. They continued the rumbles in their mother tongue until another set of boys stormed the local bar.

It was obvious they didn’t come to play and you could sense tension in the air. Apparently, when the boys went out the first time, they went to wreak havoc in the next street and counter attack was about to happen. I looked TK in the eye and I saw a certain level of fear, the person telling me to relax now couldn’t relax.

I stood to leave immediately and from nowhere, someone threw me back to the seat and screamed “nothing dey happen for here”. I fell flat on the floor and by the time I’d manage to get to my knees at least, bottles were already flying. It was a night in hell…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs