Most celebrities don't care about you

 

I purposely picked this image so you don't think I'm talking about any celebrity in particular. Rest in Jesus name. (Photo credit: Google)

I’m close to quite a few of them on personal grounds and some on professional grounds and my stand is the same across board, Nigerian celebrity don’t really care about their fans and that explains why it’s hard to understand some silly stan culture.

I know this post will give birth to reactions and you might think I’m talking about a particular person but I’m responsible for what I say while you’re responsible for your interpretation of what I say, let’s leave it at that… Okay? Good!

I remember a follower reached out to me sometime ago on Twitter, asking for help; she said she was hungry and hadn’t eaten for two days, I didn’t think about it twice despite knowing many of them lie and make it a day time job to scam online, I sent her my 2cents and moved on.

Just the next day, I saw same handle asking fans of Tasha of Big Brother Naija to donate money to buy their celebrity a property for her birthday, she was clear that she already donated and even swore for any “Titan” that wouldn’t donate… I felt like crying.

While I don’t have anything personal against Tasha, as I very well understand that she didn’t even send these people message, I felt stupid and moved on with my L without announcement. Guess what? The same handle came back following weekend to ask for help again, I munched her tweet of fundraising for her celebrity goddess and she didn’t disappoint me, she insulted me and blocked me before I could.

Does Tasha know this idiot? Hell no and trust me, there are thousands of people like that on social media doing silly things for celebrities that don’t even see them. I can tell because I know, these people you idolize are humans like you and while their crafts give you joy, you need to know where to draw the line.

Some of these celebrities try their best to honor their fans especially when they meet them in certain places – events, activations etc but do you realize that there are certain periods they’re not in their best elements and they may not want to talk to anyone? They’re human remember?

Outside that, there are many of them that are just arrogant on their white horses and guess what? Many of you make them like that because of how you worship them; not too many people will stay sane when you make them feel like God, and that’s actually on God.

I was going to relate this to a certain celebrity but many would think it’s bias so I’ll leave that LOL but then, can you fans begin to limit how you bury your senses at the altar of fan-ship? This article became important after BBN housemates started getting fans at loggerheads just two days after the show got underway, like seriously?

…To be continued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs