Jackson's victory, Davido's passion and other stories

 

Congratulations to Senator Jackson Adeleke and his hyper active nephew Davido but what would his regime look like? (Photo credit: IG)

I woke up to the news that Jackson won the gubernatorial election in Osun state and I can’t contain my joy, certainly not because I’m a fan of PDP or even the dancing senator, but because we are gradually getting to debunk the nonsense beliefs that our votes don’t count… We’re getting there.

I have a few take aways from the Osun elections and I’ll happily share in no particular order. Just so we’re clear, politics is local and you need to understand the dynamism of each playground, a clear understanding of the peculiarities of each environment is a precursor to unprecedented victory.

I discovered that the use of social media became a battle between the popular nuisance, Portable and fans favorite Davido, lol there’s only one winner in that; it takes only a fool to seek numbers through the use of a temporary comrade. Whoever sanctioned the Portable alliance should be jailed, I’m still laughing.

I saw a lot of tweets lauding Davido as the best nephew you can have, but did those folks know how far Jackson went to support Davido when he opted to sing against his father’s wish? You can’t expect to reap where you didn’t sow except, you’re an armed robber, Jackson paid his dues and was duly rewarded.

My next point is for the fans of Peter Obi and Labor Party. As at the time the election was running to an end, more than 70% of polling units in Osun State still didn’t have any representatives of Labor Party as polling booth agents, is this playing? What kinda playing is this?

 We’re picking enemies faster by the day with delusional fans of the Labor Party guy, as much as we all want a third force so we’re not limited to the two big idiots of PDP and APC, we also need to be honest with ourselves so we don’t joke with our respective sensibilities.

How can you seek to win presidential election when you can’t be present in every ward across the federation? This isn’t King of boys the movie, abi series de ni. We understand we have to start somewhere but can the party begin to show workings offline? All these social media noise will never get us anywhere.

On a lighter note, I see folks on Twitter already dragging Wizkid with Davido’s success LOL and guess what? Some are already relating it to Funke Akindele’s chances with PDP in Lagos, awada keri keri… While Funke is truly qualified to run for public office (and I love to see it), but do you realize she’s an APC woman through and through?

Finally, I hate to be that guy that does this but I don’t see Jackson doing anything meaningful as Osun State governor, I pray I’m wrong but there’s absolutely nothing about him that predicts performance but trust me on something, club business will thrive in Osun state in his regime. Congratulations Senator Ademola Jackson Adeleke.

Comments

  1. Your last statement tho, you are wrong.. those folks will want to prove a point so they will go out of their way to please the indigens and all stake holders

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs