Funke Akindele as Jandor's running mate? Straight win APC and over 2.5

 

Jandor picked Funke Akindele as running mate, quite interesting but Sanwo-Olu will win with a landslide. (Photo credit: Banky's status)

I am an avowed feminist, I’m sure we’re clear on the type of feminism I practice so I don’t need to go over it for the umpteenth time but if you’re reading me for the first time, I am for the respect and protection of women and nothing on what bitter lots practice on Naija Twitter, you get?

I caught wind of Lagos PDP’s decision to hand Funke Akindele the running mate role to Jandor in the forthcoming gubernatorial elections and I really can’t stop laughing. Again, I am glad that we’ve gotten to a point where parties can casually field women but Funke?

Let me set this straight, with Funke Akindele as the running mate to Jandor against Babajide Sanwo-Olu of APC, it’s straight win for the incumbent and I kid you not, Sanwo-Olu doesn’t even have to campaign and he will win hands down… You too see.

First and foremost, Funke Akindele is a known Tinubu daughter; are you even playing with us? This now tastes a lot like the Jimmy Agbaje episodes; dude was legit showing up on paper, yet he was getting paid handsomely by the ruling party as the sole supplier of equipment to Lagos State hospitals… Shey you dey whine me ni?

Let’s talk about Funke Akindele for a moment, shall we? It is not my place to even discuss anyone’s character but with all the baggage she’s carrying and all the people that have come out to drag her on how she treats people around her, PDP thinks she’s the right candidate?

As much as we want a second opinion in Lagos, it’s as clear as day that we won’t get it at the next election, forget social media people that probably won’t vote on election day. If you want to ride on celebrity status to win public sympathy, Funke Akindele isn’t your man for that job.

There are lots of women with strong reputation that PDP can leverage for the election but someone thought it wise that a woman that is currently battling separation/divorce is the right option? I really didn’t want to bring that into it and I apologize if anyone finds it offensive but be prepared for another four years of Pontius Pilate (Sanwo-Olu) as your Lagos governor again.

Tinubu probably planted his social daughter in PDP to mess them up as always and I hope they realize it soon. With Funke as Jandor’s running mate, Sanwo-Olu will win with a landslide. Straight win and over 2.5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs