Big Brother Naija day 1... Let's level up

 

The Big Brother show is upon us and we're up and running, I'll be giving updates until the end of the season... Are you pumped? (Photo credit: desire)


Big Brother Naija is the biggest entertainment show in Africa, I know I said that two days ago and I’m not sorry to say it again; I understand there are certain people that don’t see the value in it, this post isn’t for them and I’d love to give an analogy.

I remember how some people reacted to Baba Adeboye’s teaching on marriage not too long ago; Baba advised men not to marry women that cannot cook and women to never go near men that cannot provide for the home, Nigerian twitter felt like the Middle East that day.

Do I completely align with Babe’s teaching? It’s debatable but the caveat that most people ignored in that context was the fact that Baba Adeboye was very clear on who he was talking to: his children – people that follow him and his teachings as their spiritual father…

He wasn’t talking to Aunty Amaka that wants to choke on bitter feminism or Uncle Kunle of Okota that is angry Abigail didn’t show up. If a message wasn’t directed at you and you decide to go to the market square with it, do enjoy your adventure and remember to shut the door behind you.

I’ll start with the common observation: Nearly everyone condemned the excessive colors at the open lounge, while I understand their concerns and whatnot, I am convinced it will grow on people as the show wears on, I’ll say give it time.

Few people have criticized the quality of the housemates, I heard and read comments that many of them are from the trenches from the quality of their wears from head to toe, to their carriage and demeanor… Weren’t you same people that criticized BBN last year for bringing people from the abroad?

I was actually going to give an analogy on three of the housemates already revealed but I think I shouldn’t so I won’t… yet. No one is talking about how beautiful other parts of the house are but the rubic chair and squid game icons are what we should dwell on, lemme not talk.

Anyways, what do you guys make of the opening day? Not like I don’t know that many of you want to criticize, oya come and criticize with your full chest. By the way, hope you know Abeg is same as Pocket App? We’ll discuss the money laundering scheme one day. See y’all tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs