Tinubu's flawless victory evokes 2019 memories...

 

Bola Ahmed Tinubu has won the APC presidential primaries, leaving us with another odd choices... Where do we go from here? (Photo credit: Punch)

Once again, like we had at the last election and how it has always been with our political story, we’re faced with two choices; one is outright death and the other is life incarceration in sickness and pains… I present to you our fate at the next elections – Tinubu vs Atiku!

First, I’d like to throw my two hands in the air in acceptance of my error of judgment. Up till last night, I thought Tinubu would announce his decision to step down for Osinbajo; I was wrong and Tinubu has emerged as the APC candidate for the presidential election.

It is clear as day that we’re in trouble and I’d hope whoever wins between them surprises me and Nigerians pleasantly but the hope is slim. You need a solid party structure to win elections in Nigeria, one of these two will emerge as president and that is on God!

I understand many of us believe in the mandate of Peter Obi. I like us to try someone new, someone brewing with ideas but also, we must not be blinded by faith. What will give Peter Obi the northern numbers that he needs to push his dreams?

It’s enough for us all to say we’re voting for Obi on Twitter and WhatsApp status but on election day, you’d realize 90% of people rooting for the guy won’t even vote. Get your PVC, the most commonly used statement right now would only amount to semantics, there’s no polling unit on social media.

I don’t know where the hope lies for us, God forbid me to vote for Atiku and I know for sure that there’s no third force. From where I stand, Tinubu will most likely win the general elections next year and my question to Osinbajo is this: Where does he go from here?

Comments

  1. Probably back to Redemption camp or he might get a seat,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs