They won't allow us shine on Fathers' Day...

 

Happy fathers' day to every dad out there, not leaving out potential dads like me. Raise a glass to our awesomeness. (Photo credit: Google)

After 750 mothers’ day, there’s finally a day to celebrate fathers… isn’t God good? No competition anyways. I will be reviewing some fathers’ day ads by brands on Tuesday, I hope you get to see them on my WhatsApp status.

It's past 4pm Nigerian time and no one has wished me happy fathers' day. I understand they will say I'm not a dad yet, but they don't remember that when they holla at me for urgent 2k... I will be waiting for y'all soo, you will meet me here in Jesus name.

Happy fathers’ day to that guy that survives on loans just to keep his family afloat; I understand your take home is weak and you’d rather an honest living than ruin family legacy… I’m proud of you and I hope the universe smiles on you pretty soon.

I understand there are fathers that would make you question God, they’re not my target for this post and I won’t be dwelling on them. I can’t relate with their ways because I was raised by a father that gave his all till death, that’s the standard I understand.

I see some women making it about them; life may have thrown you the JD that we thought belong to men but that doesn’t make you a man. Wait for the next mothers’ day, trust me it’s around the corner, at least y’all have it twice in a month.

Everything isn’t an opportunity to introduce gender war; choose some days to rest, even God rested on the seventh day, shey won fi shey yin ni?” of which, na faux feminism una dey practice but I won’t be the on to tell you people. Don’t appreciate your father, okay? E no really too concern me laidat.

To the ones that are no longer here, mine inclusive, here’s a bouquet of pretty flowers; pass it round and let it remind you of the unwavering love we have for you. Happy fathers’ day to you all.

Thank you so much for the kind words on my knee problems, I don’t take the love for granted as the healing process begins. See y’all soon.

Comments

  1. Happy Father's Day Mr Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers making the family a priority and Happy Father's Day to all the potential fathers out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs