PVC and "japa" are not enough...

Get your PVC and vote for the candidate you believe in, but I'm happy to tell you for free that PVC is not enough. (Photo credit: INEC)


Yesterday was a little traumatic for obvious reasons and it’s getting to a point where people will be numb to bloodshed and other nefarious activities going on in Nigeria.

I remember my last time outside the shores of this frustrating country, I was in a conversation with a lady from Sweden; she asked where I was from and I told her to guess, she said “you can come from anywhere as long as you’re not from Nigeria” … That’s how they think of us and you can’t blame them.

I’ve seen so much of “go get your PVC” and “plan to japa” on social media after the Owo incident and I’m asking myself if any of these two options actually solve the problems we have in this country, I can tell you for free that none of them is a definitive solution.

You too see: some of the victims of the Owo attack were said to have come from abroad to say hi to their relatives, what if you japa today and come back in a couple of years to say hi to your family members and also show haters that you have arrived and boom! Such incident happens, oya balance me.

You’re screaming “go get your PVC” yen yen yen, who are we going to vote for? Atiku that we all know means nothing good for us? Osinbajo that has his hands tied like it’s BDSM? Tinubu that wants to become president simply cos he feels it’s his birthright? Or what does “emi lo kan” mean?

Speaking of PVC, I have registered and I was told to check back in September for my card. I am certain that the choices that would be before us in 2023 wouldn’t be different from the devil and the deep blue sea like we’ve always had it.

Now tell me, how does PVC help? I’m convinced that the ones that have made themselves the owners of Nigeria know what they’re doing and are only throwing innocent, yet foolish individuals that support them around as puns, may the latter find wisdom in the subway.

I can’t even tell you to pray because we’ve been doing that since independence. I won’t be party to violence and I will not go to any protest ground; after many of us were killed on the 20th of October 2020, Bellerin and Co till date insist no one was killed at the toll gate, I can’t die for nothing.

Dear reader, guide and guard yourself. Be aware of your environments, the government means absolutely nothing well for you, they only want to steal, destroy and kill like the thief the bible describes; and when they come with their carrots, I hope you have the courage to tell them to go serve it to their kids.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs