My worries about the PVC concert...

 

The EU is right behind the PVC concert, trying to help the youth to be actively involved in the election process but have we planned well enough? (Photo credit: Falz)

I saw a video of the PVC concert at TBS and I worry a lot about our priorities. While I commend the drive of the opinion leaders in trying to make sure that more youths participate in the forthcoming election, the method is questionable and it might give birth to another crisis on its own.

I saw a video of a situation at TBS that will most likely result in a stampede, if not properly managed, lives will be lost and lots of people will be injured; the government will pin the lives on the youth and the youths will find ways to switch the narrative to blame the government… There’s only one loser.

Each time I remember how badly we managed EndSars, I cringe at a repeat of it especially when the advantage is with us; the goal of the PVC concert is to ensure more youths take the coming election seriously but why are they registering at the venue of the concert?

The social media amplification of the concert was enough to get interested attendees to register ahead of today, the registration point should have been taken far away from the venue of the concert. Whatever happens with the crowd that I saw, which already overwhelmed the registration point would be linked to the concert and who’s to blame?

The latest news is that folks are having fun at the concert and that is good to hear, but those that want to attend the concert but do not have voters card have to register at a point and that point is overcrowded, what is the plan for that?

My worry is simple: this coward government will seek all ways possible to nail the youths ahead of the election, they will still use many of us against us (standard practice) only that we don’t know who they would be but trust me… Many of them are currently shouting and jumping at the PVC concert.

 

Comments

  1. In as much as I support the drive. I share your narrative about the government pinning whatever happens on the youth. We have to be very careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social media folks claim this is for Peter Obi.. personally I think people will vote for who they want to vote for.. most folks there came to have fun and look for the opposite gender... We go dey alright last last..
    As for me I have given up on 2023 and have started strategizing for 2027

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs