Life is fickle... Live, love and learn

 

Life is beautiful but know this and know peace, it will send you lemons at random times... Make of that what you will. (Photo credit: Google)

The other day, I was waxing lyrical about how beautiful life is, how dynamic it is and how we must be grateful regardless… My view hasn’t changed in that regard but again, life is fickle.

As my left limb rest on the cliff, wide like a stripper on the pole earning his or her quid, someone sent me a message about an old school mate, he passed away on Saturday. It was his birthday the day before, I saw him laughing like it’s no man’s business, he looked healthy and I was even jealous of his leaps in the video I saw… he’s in the morgue now.

I was just rounding off the Strategy team meeting earlier today, my teammates were throwing bants at me and I knew if I didn’t get off the Google hangout meeting, I’d keep hearing different shades, I swiped to end the call and a text came in, someone I saw last week, all bubbly now lies in LUTH, needing tons of money to return to life.

How many times have you heard that people you saw recently have passed away? You see someone today, as fresh as the leaves of spring season and the next moment you’re attending their funeral – my father spoke to me in the morning before Maxi called me that he passed few hours later.

Let this tell you that life waits for no one. It hits us in ways we never expect and when it does, we just have to accept it for what it is and live with it. Laugh more, be happy for people; stop calling Pasuma Wonder to celebrate people’s downfall, it doesn’t add shit to your net worth.

Wait, I haven’t told y’all this and I’m sure my friends would be happy, I don’t need a surgery and the swelling has gone down, my knee still hurts; I can’t walk freely yet – not like I could before duurrrrr but I’m still struggling and the good news is that I will be available for selection again sometime this week.

Back to the subject matter, live… love… laugh.

Comments

  1. YOLO (you only live once). Live and enjoy every moment 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs