If Mallams move mad today, are you safe?

 

These Mallams provide solutions to our daily problems but if they move mad tomorrow, will you be safe? (Photo credit: Google)

Something happened to a family I know quite well yesterday night and it’s worth noting, because we’re all vulnerable to this potential danger; Lots of things happen around us that we don’t pay attention to, we even encourage them until we become real victims.

This family traveled and left their gates (by that, I mean their entire household) in the care of their security guard who happens to be the usual “mallam”. Nearly every street in this Lagos has a house or two that a mallam is guarding, we’re used to that and it doesn’t even bother anyone.

I have to stress this; I am not making this post to drive agenda against the North. I am typing in pure English and comprehension or anyone’s interpretation isn’t expressly on me. I will not be taking any question off anyone’s misunderstanding of my post. Thank you.

This family returned yesterday only to meet an empty house. The mallam – who operated a kiosk right in front of their house has disappeared, his shop empty and his phone switched off. The house was wiped clean and they have no traces of him.

How many of us are in danger of this? My estate gate is guarded by these mallams. These guys are the ones fetching water for 60% of you people; these mallams are the kings of security services, courteous and polite, silently creeping into our lives without us knowing it…

I understand the tensed nature of relationships among ethnic groups at the moment, the government is doing their best to fuel that crisis so they can use all these against us but I’m asking, if that mallam moves mad today, are you safe?

These guys are way more useful than one can even imagine and like I said earlier, it’s not about an agenda against them but with the way they’ve been entrenched in the fabric of our society, if they move mad tomorrow, are you safe? Are we safe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs