The crash of crypto and my friends' state of mind

Crypto is not for the weak, I won't teach you how to spend your money or where to save your money, but be of good courage when the wind blows. Oluwa a wa pelu e o. (Photo credit: Google)

 

A few of my friends are having the most difficult period of their respective lives and that is essentially down to their involvements in the famous crypto business. All but one of them have major hustles, crypto is a means of investment and side hustles to them but I’ve had to constantly check on them of late.

Just so we’re clear, I don’t know anything significant about crypto; beginner? Maybe and that’s because I enjoy reading up on lots of things. Some gig I got involved in recently also made me write about trading bots and that remains a major contributor to my crypto knowledge.

 However, not too long ago, a friend that had been on my neck for a while reached out and insisted I invested in crypto, she told me about an app called Binance and I wasn’t really interested in her energy, I gave her 100k, she was sure I’d double the money in weeks, I was waiting.

Let me not bore you, When I called Ebere to ask for my crypto gains, she told me to check the Binance app, I knew something was fishy, I checked the wallet and I saw a worth of #6700, I wanted to believe I made a mistake in the login details, I signed out, logged in again and I saw a worth of #5900, I couldn’t cry.

This article isn’t about me, it’s a solidarity to my comrades that are bleeding from their investments on one crypto or the other. A few of them joined out of peer pressure while others have always been about digital currency and the potential within, whichever side of the divide you are, my heart is close to you.

Ebere herself is the worst of the group, I’m sure she invested everything she had, she must have coopted her husband into it as all his WhatsApp status posts for many days now have been about hope and trusting God for a miracle, I understood it.

Aderoju, my top guy hasn’t been the same for weeks now. We were supposed to plan an event together, dude won’t even listen to me, his investment has gone south and he can’t even do jack shit about it, omo! Life is hard.

It’s all jokes and bants but I can’t risk what I don’t even understand. I’ll rather put my money on Bet9ja and accept the consequences. At least, I understand how football works and the options play out, if my money goes south, it would be because I picked nonsense and that’s on me.

I asked Tobi recently about how the crypto market function, the weyreh said “it operates on market vibes”, so my money is going to be dependent on a volatile market? Or on what Elon Musk tweets? God forbid bad thing.

I’m sorry for the market madness that has thrown lots of people into depression, if I ever wanna go into something huge on investment grounds, I’d rather face real estate. May crypto rise again and if it doesn’t, I wish you guys the strength to smile again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs