Negativity is the voice of failure... Why entertain it?

Negativity is a self inflicted menace, it holds you back and if you ever think your words matter, then let them be positive. (Photo credit: Ebuka's WhatsApp status)

When people say “hope for the best but prepare for the worst”, I find it hard to comprehend it and I strongly think it is a fraudulent submission to either underperform or encourage hopelessness depending on the context.

I understand the part where some are “half empty” and others are “half full” but what sense is there in putting in fine work and then coming out and saying something negative about it just because you want to be humble or because you don’t want to be disappointed when people say it’s not nice?

Let me give an instance to make this clear: you attended an interview, you did well in your own eyes but when you’re asked, you say I’m hoping for the best but prepared for the worst, guy, I promise you, you will see the worst, let’s bet it.

Some will say “I don’t want to jinx it”, what jinxes things better than negativity? I feel it’s a fraudulent submission and it is probably why things don’t go well. You can’t continue to profess negativity and expect good things to happen, o wrong na.

Your team is playing, you’re predicting a loss because you are prepared for the worst, the worst will happen to your team, trust me on that. What happens to professing positivity because you believe the best will happen? Why must your own take be negative?

You have designed something or done a great job, folks are giving you accolades, and instead of you to accept your roses and move on with a “thank you”, you’re there saying you don’t think what you’ve done is that good, it is not humility, it is lowkey witchcraft. Getat.

I know some will say it is the hope that kills, I'd rather be killed by positivity than die in the shackles of hopelessness. Maybe there's no guarantees that my positivity will work, but do you want your negativity to work? Think about that.

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs