For the 99th time in my life time, I burnt my lunch

 

I know many of you will like to read the full gist, I have decided to starve you of it and you can't do anything to me. I will be better and y'all will be proud of my cooking skills. (Photo credit: Google of course)

You know that day you vow to do everything possible, clear your desk and ensure you finish everything in record time, and you end up doing almost nothing? That day is today for me and, while I’m not proud of it, I don’t think it’s in any way my making.

I woke up slightly late, had a long night and anxiety of a particular call saw me thinking about so many things even during NLP, I’m sure Dara would be wondering why the prayers were so loud while he was on the phone with me, NLP starts by 6:30am and ends before 8am, that should tell you when work started for me today.

The fire we were trying to kill over the weekend was still raging, it is out now and I don’t know if the debris would be left for me to park, well I’ve been shown where the parker and waste baskets are, thanks to my “co-tenants” and it’s okay.

It is very clear that everyone won’t handle situations the same way, but a little honesty in how we do helps other parties to manage theirs, if the end goal was ever to win together, why would anyone choose to be the Maguire in the line up? I digress.

There’s anxiety from another angle and this one is scary to say the least. Each time I feel this way about Arsenal, it never ends well and this time, it must not. The implications are too heavy to bear, we have come this far and seeing it out is the only way we can stand anywhere to speak, may the roads rise to meet us.

Mhen, I need to make lots of adjustments now. I’m learning fast but I got the timing of the noodles wrong this afternoon, it didn’t burn too much, at least I had part of it to eat. The generator guy feasted today, no hard feelings, it was all my fault but we move. At least, the kick is back and I can put the gen on without needing neighbors.

I know the gist of how the noodles got burnt is what many of you want to read, it's not like I've not made sweet noodles before tho, culinary skills won't matter in heaven and it won't stop anyone from making it in life so I'm hoarding this gist, don't ask me nonsense.

Let me prepare to watch Arsenal against Newcastle, if you don’t see me here tomorrow, know it didn’t go our way again and I’m bleeding. Anything short of a win will most likely lead me to the physio, I’m not kidding, it’s that important to win.

Yo! I almost forgot Chika’s birthday yesterday, well I was reminded by her WhatsApp status late on, I will have to carry sacrifice to T-Junction to appease the gods, Funmi also got angry with me after it didn’t go as planned on Saturday, whew! I will be better.

 

Comments

  1. Maybe Arsenal would have won and made the top 4 if you had not burnt the noodles 😂😂😂😂😭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs