Atalanta broke Ope Cole's heart on a cold Monday

 

Stay away from sports betting, Oluwa a wa pelu e o. (Photo credit: Google)

I have not seen “Namaste Wahala,” and I might never bother; according to Dipo Ogun, “It’s a complete waste of precious time; I don’t take spoilers, to be honest, but I’ll accept this one, and not bother to watch the movie.

We met to record the latest episodes of the Music, Movies, and Sports podcast; it was fun with the guys as always, oh! Deo Banks is back on the cast list after his hiatus, and trust him and Ope Cole to go through their moments of frustrating bromance… We’re used to them now, so we move.

This post isn’t actually about any of what I’ve said so far; I’ll write about movies I always wanted to see that I haven’t some other time, but today is about something that happened to Ope Cole, if it happened to me, I might faint three times before daybreak.

Yo! I wrote about sports betting and how it should be avoided sometime ago, right? Ope Cole had a running ticket, and his final two games to win almost 500k were Atalanta to beat Salernitana and Bayern Leverkusen to beat Frankfurt, easy games, yh?

I was confident he would bag the ticket; I was already looking forward to sending him account details for my encouragement allowance; Frankfurt needed to prepare for Westham in the second leg of the Europa League semifinal, Atalanta needed to win that game to keep European hopes alive, it was a no-brainer.

I was in my living room, monitoring the games for Ope Cole like it was mine. Bayern Leverkusen didn’t waste time; they scored early to keep hopes alive; at that point, Ope Cole had a cash-out option of 147k; he didn’t take it because it was a rip-off, then we realized Salernitana scored away at Atalanta, the cash-out disappeared.

I was confident he would win the ticket, time flew by wickedly, and with ten minutes remaining, Atalanta continued to trail; trust the silly bookies, they took off the cash-out option, and then Atalanta equalized; I jumped on the call and asked Ope Cole to check the cash-out option, it was 37k, with less than five minutes remaining…

He told me he wouldn’t take the offer, the game ended, and he lost the ticket. I saw him the next day, dude managed to have some fun, but it can’t be me; I don’t have such a level of composure; it was a loss because I’d have taken the 147k cash-out, but someone like Slimee would say never, and I understand.

Stay away from sports betting; that shit kills faster than anything else I know but if you’re booking anything on Bet9ja, kindly send it to me; who knows?

Comments

  1. Your Muslim convert eyes no comot for alcohol🤨

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had headache for the longest and I slept early but thanks to attending a Naija Pundit event the next day, it helped move on quickly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs