AMVCA 2022: My heart was broken when I saw the nominations

 

I am disappointed that Ayinla didn't get nominated in any category for AMVCA but we live to fight another day, (Photo credit: My photo gallery)

I haven’t said anything about the AMVCA nominations since it was released and you won’t be wrong if you thought I was heartbroken, yes I was and I haven’t recovered from the shock but I’ve found solace in the fact that I’ll be seeing my ideas play out at the event, fair enough.

Err… Do you need me to explain that? Well, Desperados, Tiger Beer, Lush Hair and Amstel Malta – the headline sponsors are brands my agency work with, hence we’ll be activating the event from start to finish.

Back to the point, I was shell shocked that Adedimeji Lateef didn’t get a single nomination for the monstrous 2021 he had and that Ayinla didn’t get a single nomination as well; I couldn’t understand why and for two days, I was dazed like I hit my head on the wall but again… It is what it is.

Why would I think Ayinla should be nominated? The story was important to our history, we are at a point where we stand the risks of having our stories being eroded by the quest to bite into the future, someone has to remind us about where we’re from and Ayinla epitomizes that.

I know you think this is sentimental, I won’t say you’re wrong, I’ll just ask you to tell me why you think the production, the storytelling, the props and the cast list, the experience behind the dialogues and the sort of marketing it got… I’m disappointed.

I’m not going to question the integrity of the platform but I’d love to see the criteria that the organizers employed to arrive at the nominees, I know they will tell us the academy decided but who are the members of that academy? You will understand where I’m coming from.

I have to go now, the showpiece is upon us and I wish all the nominees all the very best. I wish my team all the best too but I believe we’ll deliver, we’re not here to do easy things and it’s always rewarding to look back on our success and raise some glasses to celebrate… Come on guys!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs